FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Err_name_not_resolved

875 posts
Thanks Meter: 146
 
By chesterr, Senior Member on 23rd March 2015, 06:30 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hey guys after I installed stock lollipop I can't access few pages like forum.xda-developers.com and gsmarena.com.
It shows that something to do with my dns serve.
If anyone came across or knows what's up please collaborate with this matter.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-23-10-53-49.png
Views:	304
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	3224429Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-23-10-53-43.png
Views:	298
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	3224430
 
 
23rd March 2015, 08:36 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I have the exact same problem. I can access the main xda site, but not the forum. Can't access the forum through the xda app or tapatalk either. If I put data saver mode on in chrome, then it works through chrome at least. If I make my phone into a hotspot, other devices that connect to it also can't access xda forums. Tried this with 2g, 3g and wifi, none work. Everything is normal on my laptop and tablet using the same wifi.
Only thing I can think of is that I flashed the modem of kitkat because I have thr d6502, which model is your phone?
23rd March 2015, 07:22 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Galle
Thanks Meter: 146
 
More
Oh wow so you're encountering the problem too. I'm using D6633.
23rd March 2015, 07:29 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
I thought it was fixed, but after reboot, same issue. It seems as if quickly at boot if I try to access the forum, it works. If I wait for a few minutes, it doesn't work. Very weird.
Last edited by rappa619; 23rd March 2015 at 09:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rappa619 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rappa619 Ad-Free
26th March 2015, 12:14 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesterr

Hey guys after I installed stock lollipop I can't access few pages like forum.xda-developers.com and gsmarena.com.
It shows that something to do with my dns serve.
If anyone came across or knows what's up please collaborate with this matter.
Attachment 3224429Attachment 3224430

I have this issue too with my Z3 Compact / 5.02
Only solution is to insert the IP to /system/etc/hosts ("207.244.72.9 forum.xda-developers.com").
Because I tried several DNS Server without success. This is strange.
Last edited by drophex; 28th March 2015 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Another site affected: xperiablog.net
31st March 2015, 01:05 AM |#6  
Gustavo RD78's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maringá - PR
Thanks Meter: 2,218
 
Donate to Me
More
This problem also happened to me (Xperia Z3)!
I have fixed the problem only flashing .FTF again (full data wipe)
factory reset via recovery not solved!

Edit:
the problem appears after that I restore my DRM keys using this method [EXRxYKG]DRM FUNCTION RESTORATION FOR UB DEVICE
Last edited by Gustavo RD78; 31st March 2015 at 02:02 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gustavo RD78 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gustavo RD78 Ad-Free
1st April 2015, 12:38 PM |#7  
cachanilla86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mexicali
Thanks Meter: 827
 
Donate to Me
More
If you unlocked the bootloader there is an app that prevents you from posting screenshots or even installing benchmark applications. If you have functional root try to delete PrototypeProtection. The app has a list of apps and sites that are banned, for example this forum, GSM arena and Antutu
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cachanilla86 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cachanilla86 Ad-Free
1st April 2015, 01:09 PM |#8  
Gustavo RD78's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maringá - PR
Thanks Meter: 2,218
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachanilla86

If you unlocked the bootloader there is an app that prevents you from posting screenshots or even installing benchmark applications. If you have functional root try to delete PrototypeProtection. The app has a list of apps and sites that are banned, for example this forum, GSM arena and Antutu

Problem solved!
Thanks!
and after deleting the app, I received an update as screenshot


Att Gustavo RD78
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1427890181428.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	3239697  
13th September 2015, 09:14 AM |#9  
yuzhengwen's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 273
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachanilla86

If you unlocked the bootloader there is an app that prevents you from posting screenshots or even installing benchmark applications. If you have functional root try to delete PrototypeProtection. The app has a list of apps and sites that are banned, for example this forum, GSM arena and Antutu

It seems the issue is also on the Z3, my device had this problem.
I uninstalled PrototypeProtection with titanium backup and all works!
Just asking what exactly does Prototype Protection do, does it just block access to the apps and websites, does it do anything else?
Also, is it an app installed by the DRM Restore zip? If so, why did they bundle it?
13th September 2015, 10:36 AM |#10  
cachanilla86's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mexicali
Thanks Meter: 827
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuzhengwen

It seems the issue is also on the Z3, my device had this problem.
I uninstalled PrototypeProtection with titanium backup and all works!
Just asking what exactly does Prototype Protection do, does it just block access to the apps and websites, does it do anything else?
Also, is it an app installed by the DRM Restore zip? If so, why did they bundle it?

Prototype Protection comes in all Sony phones, the DRM restore zip doesn't install it and it just blocks apps and websites.
13th September 2015, 10:37 AM |#11  
yuzhengwen's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 273
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachanilla86

Prototype Protection comes in all Sony phones, the DRM restore zip doesn't install it and it just blocks apps and websites.

Then why only when I install drm restore zip then the websites and apps are blocked

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes