FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] Factory reset

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By rodrigo081089, Member on 22nd August 2014, 09:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I installed the cerberus anti-theft. But i want to protect it of be deleted by a factory reset.

Is this possible without root the device?

Thanks
 
 
22nd August 2014, 10:29 PM |#2  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 2,113
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo081089

I installed the cerberus anti-theft. But i want to protect it of be deleted by a factory reset.

Is this possible without root the device?

Thanks

it is imposible to prevent a Xperia From being wiped
Flashmode and Fastboot are hardware functions i do believe are hardware functions
22nd August 2014, 11:24 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

it is imposible to prevent a Xperia From being wiped
Flashmode and Fastboot are hardware functions i do believe are hardware functions

Thatīs right. But to doing a flashmode it take time. But a factory reset itīs too easy. So if i can block the factory reset it will be great
22nd August 2014, 11:34 PM |#4  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 2,113
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo081089

Thatīs right. But to doing a flashmode it take time. But a factory reset itīs too easy. So if i can block the factory reset it will be great

almost all methods of resetting a device takes 5 mins at the most

i dont think you can block such a thing easily, anyway why not just use a lockscreen passwd, you cant actualy get past that unless you have USB debugging on

only smart theifs know how to reset a device via hardware
22nd August 2014, 11:51 PM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

almost all methods of resetting a device takes 5 mins at the most

i dont think you can block such a thing easily, anyway why not just use a lockscreen passwd, you cant actualy get past that unless you have USB debugging on

only smart theifs know how to reset a device via hardware

Sure, that is one option, but i do not really like use the pass every time my mobile is lock.

I would like to put a pass into the factory reset option on settings.
23rd August 2014, 12:08 AM |#6  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 2,113
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigo081089

Sure, that is one option, but i do not really like use the pass every time my mobile is lock.

I would like to put a pass into the factory reset option on settings.

actualy if you have a lockscreen pass it asks for the same pass everytime you chose a option such as factory reset or anything alike or partial alike
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes