FORUMS

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

CleanSlate Brings Fingerprint Scanner Mod to HTC One M9+

Work of XDA Recognized Developer tbalden, CleanSlate custom kernel for the HTC … more

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

[Q] Headset button

9 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By thomas479, Junior Member on 27th August 2014, 07:26 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just got my new Z2, very nice phone.
But it is unable to properly work with my headset.
It's an Fischer, with one button. This button does not play or pause my music (as it's supposed to do on my previous androids).
On the Z2 it is only able to change the volume up.

With Keytest I'm able to see its being detected as volume up.
Is this possible to change this without using root?
See attachment for screenshot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0002.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (128.9 KB, 122 views)
 
 
28th August 2014, 05:52 AM |#2  
olokos's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1,953
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas479

Is this possible to change this?

Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas479

without using root?

No
30th October 2014, 01:53 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos

Yes

No

Sorry to revive an old thread, but is this a regular "feature" of the z2?
I tried regular 3-button android phones (samsung s4 and a adidas one) and in both the volume buttons work fine, but the call - play/pause button works as volume up. I also tried a couple of iphone compatible phones: in those the volume keys don't work but the call - play/pause works fine.
Is this an issue/defect/problem with my phone or all z2 have this problem?
3rd November 2014, 09:34 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Root?
I also have the same problem. Assuming that my phone is rooted, how do I change it?
Thanks!
8th November 2014, 05:07 PM |#5  
olokos's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1,953
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfeu78

Sorry to revive an old thread, but is this a regular "feature" of the z2?
I tried regular 3-button android phones (samsung s4 and a adidas one) and in both the volume buttons work fine, but the call - play/pause button works as volume up. I also tried a couple of iphone compatible phones: in those the volume keys don't work but the call - play/pause works fine.
Is this an issue/defect/problem with my phone or all z2 have this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC75

I also have the same problem. Assuming that my phone is rooted, how do I change it?
Thanks!

Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2363957
It is a stock feature of Z devices I guess, but with stock headset. I can't tell for sure as I'm using Apollo modded by myself that supports double press to skip track and triple press to previous song so I'm not sure
9th November 2014, 04:49 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by olokos

Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2363957
It is a stock feature of Z devices I guess, but with stock headset. I can't tell for sure as I'm using Apollo modded by myself that supports double press to skip track and triple press to previous song so I'm not sure

It might be related with the 4 tips connector used for the noise cancelling headphone. Sucks. But thanks for the link. It could be really helpful for someone with root.
9th November 2014, 12:04 PM |#7  
olokos's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 1,953
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfeu78

It might be related with the 4 tips connector used for the noise cancelling headphone. Sucks. But thanks for the link. It could be really helpful for someone with root.

Noise cancelling headphones have 5 tips connector. The one with buttons have 4 tips. :P almost any device supports 4 tips jack connectors.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes