Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,083 Members 50,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help: Touch Screen not working?

Tip us?

lilcrzytimmy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Help: Touch Screen not working?

So i took my phone to the pool dip it in the water for a bit and made sure that the flaps were closed and sealed. After a couple hours of the pool, my phones screen started to go haywire like it thinks someone is touching the phone. i can't enter my password or do anything. I placed in rice for half a day and left it in an oven at about 100 degree F for about 10 minutes to dry out anything if it was to have any water and the screen acts the same. The water indicator has not been set off.

I live in the USA so sonyw arrant support would be of no use. any suggestion?

HussainQ
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcrzytimmy View Post
So i took my phone to the pool dip it in the water for a bit and made sure that the flaps were closed and sealed. After a couple hours of the pool, my phones screen started to go haywire like it thinks someone is touching the phone. i can't enter my password or do anything. I placed in rice for half a day and left it in an oven at about 100 degree F for about 10 minutes to dry out anything if it was to have any water and the screen acts the same. The water indicator has not been set off.

I live in the USA so sonyw arrant support would be of no use. any suggestion?
Usually drying the screen should fix it.

The problem with swimming pools are that they have chlorine in them. Sony only advertises waterproofing for fresh water. The chlorine may have reacted with something, making the touchscreen go completely nuts for this extensive period of time.

I would've avoided the oven if I were you.

Try the forum community. There are some experts there that may be able to help with your issue. Make sure to provide all details.
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z2/bd-p/xperia_z2
If I've ever been of any assistance, just press the THANKS button

lilcrzytimmy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
any possibility of repairs?

Everything works, i just utilize the touchscreen. if i let it dry even more, would that be able to save the touchscreen?

I dont understand how water could have got in as i was literally holding the flaps down when it went underwater.

HussainQ
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
any possibility of repairs?

Everything works, i just utilize the touchscreen. if i let it dry even more, would that be able to save the touchscreen?

I dont understand how water could have got in as i was literally holding the flaps down when it went underwater.
Like I said, it's the chlorine, not the water.

Of course you can get a repair. Just don't tell them you dipped it in a swimming pool (Sony's waterproofing page actually restricts usage of phone in a swimming pool).

Just tell them you got it in water and it stayed crazy.

I just realised, is glove mode enabled in settings?
This option makes the touchscreen super sensitive.
If I've ever been of any assistance, just press the THANKS button

lilcrzytimmy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
well since i live in USA, i dont think sony will support warranty repairs.

I dont recall if glove mode is on but i do have tap to wake on. I do noticed that even with the slight touch (hair) the screen would respond to it prior to this issue. Is there a way to reformat the phone with the password on? i tried googling some stuff but found little info.

Zebra-Snow
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
well since i live in USA, i dont think sony will support warranty repairs.

I dont recall if glove mode is on but i do have tap to wake on. I do noticed that even with the slight touch (hair) the screen would respond to it prior to this issue. Is there a way to reformat the phone with the password on? i tried googling some stuff but found little info.
Feel sad for you that never check IP58 means ...
Hope sony can help you, good luck.