How Open Source Can Help Your Project w/ Ethan Yonker – BABBQ2014

People have finally recovered from this years Big Android BBQ … more

Add Frequency Bands to Your Qualcomm Device

Those of you who travel quite a bit undoubtedly own more than one device due to frequency band … more

More Android 5.0 Details Revealed, Microsoft Band Fitness Tracker – XDA TV

Google talks more about Android 5.0 Lollipop! That and much … more

Google Allows Search Queries To Interact With Apps

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings lots of new features that are quite useful for end users and … more

Lightbulb Overheating Solution

OP matout7

31st August 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
I am considering buying a Z2 in the next couple of days as a gift for my wife , it is stylish, with great power

but after reading about the overheating issue( while normal usage, NOT 4K recording) of this phone and the self cracking back glass of it.
I started to have second thoughts about it

until I read in an article somewhere that this phone uses the heating pipe technology to dissipate heat ( I think the heating issue coming from poor implementation of this tech) and till now (Z3 launch around the corner) sony hasn't commented on

what about having a normal TPU case on the back of it, since plastic can absorb heat from the back glass cover and dissipate it to the air, since plastic absorb and release heat faster than any glass ( some like DIY, Poor man's heat sink)

and what about rooting the phone and throttle the CPU your self by under-clocking it.

I really like this phone and I want to buy it and Sony was close, really close to craft the perfect android phone but they blew it

Also I hear that after batch 14w25, those problems disappeared, is that true ???

please help anyone
31st August 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 89

480 posts
More
I've had no overheating issues whatsoever with mine w19 iirc, under volting /clocking will of course reduce heat, I have mine set to 2ghz and a - 60 uv
31st August 2014, 03:25 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 6

139 posts
Great question so far, I can say to you that DEPEND on the device. some got that issue, some not, and you cant check the 13wxx or 14wxx until you open the tray(which mean you open and use the phone). Just wait after 3 Sep and see which one you prefer. Current price for z2 is around $600 and the z3 is likely $1k when it launch. Hope this help.
31st August 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 31

370 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.R™

I've had no overheating issues whatsoever with mine w19 iirc, under volting /clocking will of course reduce heat, I have mine set to 2ghz and a - 60 uv

Heya =) How can i undervolt ? Cause i would like to set mine to 2 aswell And can i do that in stock with only root ? If so please tell me how Thank you
Last edited by Croize; 31st August 2014 at 03:42 PM.
31st August 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 12

80 posts
Had no problems with my phone under normal usage. Btw no root just only stock.

If your wife is a average girl who loves shopping online, selfie picture , surfing the net, playing cute games, and Facebooking.

She will be pleased cause this phone is a stylish, beautiful, powerful to enough to her needs.

Most overheating issues are 4k video shooting and camera that was open too long to overheats. If you are playing kritika, high settings will slow the phone but normal setting is a smooth. FYI, Kritika is a high 3d game.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
31st August 2014, 06:20 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 204

1,017 posts
No overheating problems with mine. Runs quite cool to be honest 38-40deg C idle.
31st August 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 31

370 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfink33

No overheating problems with mine. Runs quite cool to be honest 38-40deg C idle.

38-40c ?? That sounded high O.o mine is about 25-29
31st August 2014, 08:59 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 89

480 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croize

Heya =) How can i undervolt ? Cause i would like to set mine to 2 aswell And can i do that in stock with only root ? If so please tell me how Thank you

You need a custom kernel which in turn needs an unlocked bootloader, as there's no sources beyond 402 yet you need 402 fw to use dooms custom kernel or if on cm/pa/pac/carbon there's m5 kernel
31st August 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 204

1,017 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croize

38-40c ?? That sounded high O.o mine is about 25-29

That might be battery temp? My G3 ran at 50-55degC idle!
1st September 2014, 06:30 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thienvandac

Great question so far, I can say to you that DEPEND on the device. some got that issue, some not, and you cant check the 13wxx or 14wxx until you open the tray(which mean you open and use the phone). Just wait after 3 Sep and see which one you prefer. Current price for z2 is around $600 and the z3 is likely $1k when it launch. Hope this help.

I am expecting Z2 price to go down, once Z3 is lauched, and I am not going to pay 1k for a phone, it is not a car, it is not boat, and it is not a rocket...

Z2 is sufficient ( Great Display, Powerful Processor, Tons of ram ) and stylish
my only problem is the overheating and (rumored ) self cracking issue

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread