Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 44,001 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do you like SIM slot on your XPERIA phone?

Tip us?

Jozinek
Old
(Last edited by Jozinek; 5th July 2014 at 07:00 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1884

DONATE TO ME
Default How do you like SIM slot on your XPERIA phone?

I love Sony XPERIA smartphones for very long time. Every day i am writing articles about it, i like design, construction, UI and much of thing in these phones. There is only one thing, which i hate in many expensive XPERIA phones. SIM card slot with small plastic crap is terrible for me. If you change SIM card once a year, it is not problem... But if you change it often, it is not comfortable and stylish. You can lost this plastic crap, you can damage it, you can put it to phone reversely. I dont know why in 2014 we dont have in expensive XPERIA phones better and stylis h solution. How you like it? Is sim card slot comfortable for you in Sony XPERIA Z2?

If i help you, hit thx button. If i help you much, donate to buy new devices...

murrayalex
Old
(Last edited by murrayalex; 5th July 2014 at 04:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
I don't like it either, I swap between an Xperia device and iPhone 5s quite a bit so I use an adaptor for the nano-sim. On the Z1 I had a couple of months ago the tray got stuck inside and as a result the contacts got broken.....as they are attached to the motherboard I had one dead Z1 which Sony would not replace under warranty. My advice therefore is to be very very careful when using adaptors in Xperia phones...and I put a tiny bit of blutak on the sim tray and push the sim onto it so it is far less likely to fall out of the holder.
In addition, I turn the phone over and remove the tray so that when I'm pulling it out, the sim tray is on the bottom side