FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] how to go to recovery mod on z2

4th March 2015, 07:38 AM |#1  
OP Member
Flag navi mumbai - nerul
Thanks Meter: 41

More
Hey guys how can I go to recovery mod on z2.?
And if I flash any custom rom then how can I back to stock rom.?
And need to unlock bootloader to flash custom rom.? How?

4th March 2015, 08:34 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 495

Donate to Me
More
There are a few ways to enter recovery mode on the Z2.

1) Install a recovery for locked bootloader;

How to:

1) Root your phone (if you are on 4.4.2 use a rooting tool. If you are on 4.4.4 you will have to downgrade to 4.4.2, root that and then install a pre-rooted ROM through recovery).
2) Install busybox (you can find this in the play store).
3) Run the installer by [NUT] to get recovery for locked bootloader (this an be found in the cross device development section).

2) Install a recovery for unlocked bootloader;

How to:

1) Check if your bootloader can be unlocked by going to you phone keypad and typing *#*#3738423#*#*. This will bring up the service menu, Tap Service Info, Tap Configuration, then look to the rooting status. Under that it will say either Bootloader Unlock Allowed: Yes or Bootloader Unlock Allowed: No. If it says yes you can carry on, if it says no you can only use recovery for locked bootloader.
2) Root your phone and back up you TA partition (tool can be found in the Cross Device Development section).
3) Unlock your bootloader by following the Sony guide (NOTE: This WILL wipe your internal storage, so please make a back up of everything.
4) Install a custom kernel what has recovery embedded into it.

If you flash a custom ROM and wish to revert back to stock the easiest and safest way is to flash the ftf firmware file (these can be found in the Z2 general section) with flashtool (this can be found in the cross device development section). If you are downgrading you will have to wipe data and the cache or else the phone will just bootloop.

How to unlock the bootloader and install a custom non-stock based ROM:
1) Check if your bootloader can be unlocked by going to you phone keypad and typing *#*#3738423#*#*. This will bring up the service menu, Tap Service Info, Tap Configuration, then look to the rooting status. Under that it will say either Bootloader Unlock Allowed: Yes or Bootloader Unlock Allowed: No. If it says yes you can carry on, if it says no you can only use recovery for locked bootloader.
2) Root your phone and back up you TA partition (tool can be found in the Cross Device Development section).
3) Unlock your bootloader by following the Sony guide (NOTE: This WILL wipe your internal storage, so please make a back up of everything.
4) Follow the install process of the ROM.

Hope I helped.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gamer649 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2015, 10:58 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RK.Haldar

Hey guys how can I go to recovery mod on z2.?
And if I flash any custom rom then how can I back to stock rom.?
And need to unlock bootloader to flash custom rom.? How?

These seem like fairly basic questions. Maybe questions that have already been answered many many times.

Have you seen the xda rules?

Quote:

FORUM RULES
For a list of Forum Moderators, click HERE

1. Search before posting.

Use one of our search functions before posting or creating a new thread. Whether you have a question or just something new to share, it's very likely that someone has already asked that question or shared that news.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread