XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Microphone no sound

Tip us?

jvx300
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Microphone no sound

Had the Z2 for about a month, all of the sudden the primary microphone have no sound. The secondary still work...I need to take my call with either speaker phone or a bluetooth headset. Any idea on how to fix this?? I tried updating the firmware to the latest one and resetting my phone and still didn't fix it.

ashera
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvx300 View Post
Had the Z2 for about a month, all of the sudden the primary microphone have no sound. The secondary still work...I need to take my call with either speaker phone or a bluetooth headset. Any idea on how to fix this?? I tried updating the firmware to the latest one and resetting my phone and still didn't fix it.

I got my new Z2 three days ago and it now have the same problem as you. I can use speaker while talking on the phone only. If I don't use speaker, then the other party cannot hear me.

I went to the setting -> about phone -> diagnostic -> microphone and it failed with no sound recorded.

It did got fixed for no reason and it is now dead again.

I'm going to replace the whole thing. Cannot live without a phone for one day.

Ashera

Envious_Data
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 872

DONATE TO ME
have both of you concidered contacting sony customer repair as this is known as a xperia fault

you are both entitled to a free repair or replacement thanks to sonys 2 year international warrenty

Hi there

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the WebSpace

Deviant Art page
http://enviousdata.deviantart.com/