Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 39,150 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Noise Cancellation tweaks?

Tip us?

Hans.physics
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Noise Cancellation tweaks?

Has anyone seen any tweaks for modifying the noise cancellation on the Z2? Since the processing is all done in SW on the phone, there must be (hopefully) some way of tweaking it. Just wondering if it possible to up the gain on the cancellation waveform being fed back to the earbuds to try and be more effective at cancelling some of the louder noises coming in. All though the noise cancelling is definitely noticeable, and not bad, it could definitely be better.

Thanks,

-Hans

Envious_Data
Old
(Last edited by Envious_Data; 12th August 2014 at 11:11 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 808

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans.physics View Post
Has anyone seen any tweaks for modifying the noise cancellation on the Z2? Since the processing is all done in SW on the phone, there must be (hopefully) some way of tweaking it. Just wondering if it possible to up the gain on the cancellation waveform being fed back to the earbuds to try and be more effective at cancelling some of the louder noises coming in. All though the noise cancelling is definitely noticeable, and not bad, it could definitely be better.

Thanks,

-Hans
few avaliable but all you have to do is find the files in your /system/
have you tried stereo speaker mod+headphones boost by okolos or perhaps look at the files in his mod

anyway the way the noise canceling work in these headphones are alot different
instead of blocking sound they counteract sound

Hi there

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the WebSpace

Deviant Art page
http://enviousdata.deviantart.com/