Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,335 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Noise cancelling earbud problem

Tip us?

kotton666
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Noise cancelling earbud problem

I have the Sony noise cancelling earbuds MDR-NC31EM that came bundled with my Z2. Yesterday the right side went dead and when I jiggle the plug at the connection to the phone it comes on and off as if there is a broken wire inside.

The only problem is that they only do this with my Z2. I've tried to get them to do the same thing on 3 other devices and they work fine. I have also tried 3 other sets of headphones in my Z2, thinking it may be the phones headphone jack and they worked perfectly.

I'm confused as to what's going on. Any thoughts?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Envious_Data
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 870

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton666 View Post
I have the Sony noise cancelling earbuds MDR-NC31EM that came bundled with my Z2. Yesterday the right side went dead and when I jiggle the plug at the connection to the phone it comes on and off as if there is a broken wire inside.

The only problem is that they only do this with my Z2. I've tried to get them to do the same thing on 3 other devices and they work fine. I have also tried 3 other sets of headphones in my Z2, thinking it may be the phones headphone jack and they worked perfectly.

I'm confused as to what's going on. Any thoughts?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
i think its a manufacturing issue, it sounds like some of the connector rings are loose
if its bugging you, you can contact sony customer support as all Xperia Devices come with a 2 year warrenty, your problem should be covered as it is a problem other people have had from brand new phones

Hi there

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the WebSpace

Deviant Art page
http://enviousdata.deviantart.com/