OP Shidapu

15th August 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 358

836 posts
More
Hello guys.. I'm a flashaholic.

The reason i'm here, is because i've just realized, that i haven't had my quick fix for some time now..

Everything seems so stable, except the *mic* issue, but hey, i fixed it with a hands-free.. Otherwise, i'm very happy with my phone, it works, it doesn't use up that much battery, and it doesn't crash, you can even do normal stuff to it.

But to the point.. I really, REALLY miss AOSP, especially the theming.
I can live with the occasional bugs, though i wish it could be at least somewhat stable.. *You know, im not that picky*.

But the one thing that keeps me from using AOSP; is the camera app from Sony, because i like taking pictures of my son, and the environment..
Are there any Camera app out there comparable to the Sony equivalent?

Oh, the urge..
16th August 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

164 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidapu

Hello guys.. I'm a flashaholic.

The reason i'm here, is because i've just realized, that i haven't had my quick fix for some time now..

Everything seems so stable, except the *mic* issue, but hey, i fixed it with a hands-free.. Otherwise, i'm very happy with my phone, it works, it doesn't use up that much battery, and it doesn't crash, you can even do normal stuff to it.

But to the point.. I really, REALLY miss AOSP, especially the theming.
I can live with the occasional bugs, though i wish it could be at least somewhat stable.. *You know, im not that picky*.

But the one thing that keeps me from using AOSP; is the camera app from Sony, because i like taking pictures of my son, and the environment..
Are there any Camera app out there comparable to the Sony equivalent?

Oh, the urge..

I have the same urge, I wanna get the full output from my Xperia Z2, feel all those four cores working in my hand. But that one Sony Camera app stops me because it's beautiful. It's matchless. That's the only reason I'm not changing my ROM and be bound to what Sony's put in my phone.
16th August 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 26

175 posts
More
I am in the same boat here! I want to flash PA so bad especially with all their features but then the camera app, the noise cancelling features and x-reality etc is really stopping me from doing so
17th August 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,447

3,316 posts
Donate to Me
More
i use to be in the same boat before i noticed there is no point to flashing roms when im on a rom which does what i want

perhaps you should find a rom which has what you want
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 243

1,112 posts
Same here.I literally used to flash a new ROM on my Nexus 5 everyday. As has been said though, the stock Z2 ROM does everything I want it to and rooted with some xposed mods its perfect.I just have to learn to live with my phone the way most other people do.
17th August 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination

3,316 posts
Donate to Me
More
just a note

formatting then writing a rom to your system slows your device ALOT, it also cause alot of other issues but that comes after long wear n tear
17th August 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #7  

164 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

just a note

formatting then writing a rom to your system slows your device ALOT, it also cause alot of other issues but that comes after long wear n tear

Does this include doing a clean install? I mean doing clean install also slows the system? I've done clean install (re-install the stock Sony Z2 ROM) for 3 times till now. (Via Sony PC Companion)
17th August 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination

3,316 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4LKyR

Does this include doing a clean install? I mean doing clean install also slows the system? I've done clean install (re-install the stock Sony Z2 ROM) for 3 times till now. (Via Sony PC Companion)

included:
repair via sony pc companion
firmware upgrade
flashing custom rom
flashing ftf via flashtool
flashing via emma

all of those wear bout the same, its a matter of which one you do the most
in this case, flashing custom roms is this one
17th August 2014, 10:59 PM   |  #9  

164 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

included:
repair via sony pc companion
firmware upgrade
flashing custom rom
flashing ftf via flashtool
flashing via emma

all of those wear bout the same, its a matter of which one you do the most
in this case, flashing custom roms is this one

But I've done clean install via Sony PC Companion for 3 times now... So does this mean my phone isn't as fast as the day I bought it? Even though I've installed a clean ROM?
17th August 2014, 11:11 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination

3,316 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4LKyR

But I've done clean install via Sony PC Companion for 3 times now... So does this mean my phone isn't as fast as the day I bought it? Even though I've installed a clean ROM?

minor signs should show about 25th time to my experiance

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread