Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Ps3 controller problem

OP Androdon

17th August 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
I can connect my original Ps3 controller to my Z2 wired and this if working well but it's not working wireless after disconnecting the cable When I disconnect the cable all leds are blinking on my controller. My bluetooth is working fine and I'm on the latest stock 314 rooted and bootloader locked.
17th August 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #2  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,446
 
3,307 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androdon

I can connect my original Ps3 controller to my Z2 wired and this if working well but it's not working wireless after disconnecting the cable When I disconnect the cable all leds are blinking on my controller. My bluetooth is working fine and I'm on the latest stock 314 rooted and bootloader locked.

you have to pair via bluetooth to use wirelessly

perhaps try turning controler on
then phone bluetooth
then select ps3 controler
Last edited by Envious_Data; 17th August 2014 at 01:59 PM.
17th August 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

you have to pair via bluetooth to use wirelessly

perhaps try turning controler on
then phone bluetooth
then select ps3 controler

When I try to pair via bluetooth directly without cable my Z2 doesn't see the controller at all.

When connecting via Xperia connection it only works wired.

I'm sure my bluetooth function on my Z2 and controller is working just fine.
17th August 2014, 02:56 PM   |  #4  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,446
 
3,307 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androdon

When I try to pair via bluetooth directly without cable my Z2 doesn't see the controller at all.

When connecting via Xperia connection it only works wired.

I'm sure my bluetooth function on my Z2 and controller is working just fine.


odd try exploring perhaps?

if you find a solution, post here
17th August 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

odd try exploring perhaps?

if you find a solution, post here

Yes I will try further.

ps: I will charge my controller fully altough i know it's not empty and try again later
Last edited by Androdon; 17th August 2014 at 03:07 PM.
17th August 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Cracow
Thanks Meter: 9
 
53 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
More
You can't find the controller because it is hidden. The only way to connect it with bluetooth is to write phone's Bluetooth adress to controller's memory. Try resetting dualshock 3(find in google how to do it). It helped me once when it didn't want to work. Hope it helps.

EDIT: That's also why USB cable is needed. To write things to controller's memory.
19th August 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
43 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
I have reset my controller with the reset button on the back and tried again but still no luck. I have tried my friends controller and it works flawlessly. I have tried to connect my controller with the sixaxis controller app and this worked as well. Any suggestions or shall I have to use the sixaxis controller app as I am rooted anyway?
Last edited by Androdon; 19th August 2014 at 04:44 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes