Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 52,953 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stamina Mode not working?

Tip us?

ArbiterGR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Default Stamina Mode not working?

I bought the device a couple of days ago and i love it. But i experience some sort of glitch with stamina mode. No matter what, some notifications still come through (Foursquare, facebook etc) and i have no apps whitelisted except tasker!

Does anyone else has that issue ? i'm on stock .402 rooted (locked BL)
[Past Android phones]: HTC Wildfire, Huawei Ideos X5, Samsung Galaxy SIII (White)
[Current Phone]: Sony XPERIA Z2 (D6503) 16GB

Envious_Data
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 862

DONATE TO ME
The whitelist is for alowing apps to keep the phone active, not anything else

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi there

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the WebSpace

Deviant Art page
http://enviousdata.deviantart.com/

ArbiterGR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
I know that, but i think you misread what i wrote (well my English sucks anyway :P)

What i wanted to say is that i don't have any whitelisted apps (except for tasker which i need it active), but i still get notifications from facebook, foursquare etc. From my understanding of how Stamina mode works, The device shouldn't allow any notifications from popping up.

Any ideas?
[Past Android phones]: HTC Wildfire, Huawei Ideos X5, Samsung Galaxy SIII (White)

Envious_Data
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 862

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbiterGR View Post
I know that, but i think you misread what i wrote (well my English sucks anyway :P)

What i wanted to say is that i don't have any whitelisted apps (except for tasker which i need it active), but i still get notifications from facebook, foursquare etc. From my understanding of how Stamina mode works, The device shouldn't allow any notifications from popping up.

Any ideas?
It doesnt block notifacations

You can stop those from the personalization menu

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi there

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the WebSpace

Deviant Art page
http://enviousdata.deviantart.com/

daven
Old
(Last edited by daven; 30th June 2014 at 09:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Obviously it doesn't block notifications, but if stamina mode is on it shouldn't allow apps to use the data connection while the screen is off (because it turns the data connections off) hence Facebook/messenger etc notifications shouldn't come through until you turn the screen back on unless the app is white listed. I think the Op is on to something because I noticed the same issue with Fb messenger the other day, didn't notice it before because I almost never use stamina mode but I'm fairly sure this is either a new 'feature' or bug because stamina mode doesn't behave this way on my Z ultra
Phone History:
Nokia 5210, Sagem Myx5+6+7, Nokia 5500, Samsung e900, Motorola a835, Motorola a925, Motorola a1000, Xda Exec, Lg Shine, Nokia 6500 slide, Nokia e65, Xperia X1, Touch Pro 2, Iphone 4, Sony Xperia X10 mini, Sensation XE, One X, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z2

Tablet History:
Nexus 7, LG G pad 8.3
The Following User Says Thank You to daven For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ArbiterGR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by daven View Post
Obviously it doesn't block notifications, but if stamina mode is on it shouldn't allow apps to use the data connection while the screen is off (because it turns the data connections off) hence Facebook/messenger etc notifications shouldn't come through until you turn the screen back on unless the app is white listed. I think the Op is on to something because I noticed the same issue with Fb messenger the other day, didn't notice it before because I almost never use stamina mode but I'm fairly sure this is either a new 'feature' or bug because stamina mode doesn't behave this way on my Z ultra
Thank you! :P I'm glad i'm not the only one experiencing this.

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,158

DONATE TO ME
The thing is - if you have any app on whitelist, which wake device from stamina mod, it enable internet connection as well and your apps are checking for updates.

I really doubt there's any chance to avoid that...

So, when Tasker wake up device all other apps are behaving just like you unlocked the screen and Internet connection is established.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to funky0308 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ArbiterGR
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308 View Post
The thing is - if you have any app on whitelist, which wake device from stamina mod, it enable internet connection as well and your apps are checking for updates.

So, when Tasker wake up device all other apps are behaving just like you unlocked the screen and Internet connection is established.

Oh i didn't think of that. That would explain a lot. From what i gathered about Stamina mode, i always thought that it would enable internet connection only for the whitelisted apps I'll try with no apps in the whitelist, to see if it works.

daven
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308 View Post

Yep, that's fair - but I don't actually have any apps whitelisted, maybe they'll fix it with the next update, it's not such an issue for me because as I said I never really use stamina mode because the battery life is good enough without it - it is a bit annoying because I used to use stamina mode when I wanted to mute all Web based notifications
Phone History:
Nokia 5210, Sagem Myx5+6+7, Nokia 5500, Samsung e900, Motorola a835, Motorola a925, Motorola a1000, Xda Exec, Lg Shine, Nokia 6500 slide, Nokia e65, Xperia X1, Touch Pro 2, Iphone 4, Sony Xperia X10 mini, Sensation XE, One X, Xperia Z Ultra, Xperia Z2

Tablet History:
Nexus 7, LG G pad 8.3

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,158

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbiterGR View Post
Oh i didn't think of that. That would explain a lot. From what i gathered about Stamina mode, i always thought that it would enable internet connection only for the whitelisted apps I'll try with no apps in the whitelist, to see if it works.
It should work like that, they should build firewall for that to block all other app but, apparently, they didn't.

For me that's OK, if one app wakes up my device to refresh it, why not to update all apps and notifications...

But it could be annoying if you don't want that...