Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Stamina Mode not working?

OP ArbiterGR

30th June 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 95

363 posts
More
I bought the device a couple of days ago and i love it. But i experience some sort of glitch with stamina mode. No matter what, some notifications still come through (Foursquare, facebook etc) and i have no apps whitelisted except tasker!

Does anyone else has that issue ? i'm on stock .402 rooted (locked BL)
30th June 2014, 09:44 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,295

3,043 posts
Donate to Me
More
The whitelist is for alowing apps to keep the phone active, not anything else

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th June 2014, 09:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens

363 posts
More
I know that, but i think you misread what i wrote (well my English sucks anyway :P)

What i wanted to say is that i don't have any whitelisted apps (except for tasker which i need it active), but i still get notifications from facebook, foursquare etc. From my understanding of how Stamina mode works, The device shouldn't allow any notifications from popping up.

Any ideas?
30th June 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,295

3,043 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbiterGR

I know that, but i think you misread what i wrote (well my English sucks anyway :P)

What i wanted to say is that i don't have any whitelisted apps (except for tasker which i need it active), but i still get notifications from facebook, foursquare etc. From my understanding of how Stamina mode works, The device shouldn't allow any notifications from popping up.

Any ideas?

It doesnt block notifacations

You can stop those from the personalization menu

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
30th June 2014, 10:19 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

108 posts
Obviously it doesn't block notifications, but if stamina mode is on it shouldn't allow apps to use the data connection while the screen is off (because it turns the data connections off) hence Facebook/messenger etc notifications shouldn't come through until you turn the screen back on unless the app is white listed. I think the Op is on to something because I noticed the same issue with Fb messenger the other day, didn't notice it before because I almost never use stamina mode but I'm fairly sure this is either a new 'feature' or bug because stamina mode doesn't behave this way on my Z ultra
Last edited by daven; 30th June 2014 at 10:21 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to daven For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens

363 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daven

Obviously it doesn't block notifications, but if stamina mode is on it shouldn't allow apps to use the data connection while the screen is off (because it turns the data connections off) hence Facebook/messenger etc notifications shouldn't come through until you turn the screen back on unless the app is white listed. I think the Op is on to something because I noticed the same issue with Fb messenger the other day, didn't notice it before because I almost never use stamina mode but I'm fairly sure this is either a new 'feature' or bug because stamina mode doesn't behave this way on my Z ultra

Thank you! :P I'm glad i'm not the only one experiencing this.
30th June 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,511

6,759 posts
Donate to Me
More
The thing is - if you have any app on whitelist, which wake device from stamina mod, it enable internet connection as well and your apps are checking for updates.

I really doubt there's any chance to avoid that...

So, when Tasker wake up device all other apps are behaving just like you unlocked the screen and Internet connection is established.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to funky0308 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Athens

363 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

The thing is - if you have any app on whitelist, which wake device from stamina mod, it enable internet connection as well and your apps are checking for updates.

So, when Tasker wake up device all other apps are behaving just like you unlocked the screen and Internet connection is established.

Oh i didn't think of that. That would explain a lot. From what i gathered about Stamina mode, i always thought that it would enable internet connection only for the whitelisted apps I'll try with no apps in the whitelist, to see if it works.
30th June 2014, 11:01 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funky0308

Yep, that's fair - but I don't actually have any apps whitelisted, maybe they'll fix it with the next update, it's not such an issue for me because as I said I never really use stamina mode because the battery life is good enough without it - it is a bit annoying because I used to use stamina mode when I wanted to mute all Web based notifications
30th June 2014, 11:03 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,511

6,759 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbiterGR

Oh i didn't think of that. That would explain a lot. From what i gathered about Stamina mode, i always thought that it would enable internet connection only for the whitelisted apps I'll try with no apps in the whitelist, to see if it works.

It should work like that, they should build firewall for that to block all other app but, apparently, they didn't.

For me that's OK, if one app wakes up my device to refresh it, why not to update all apps and notifications...

But it could be annoying if you don't want that...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread