Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Q's for Z2 owners who use a case

OP FlexiPack

5th August 2014, 06:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

210 posts
I'm keen on buying the Z2 but the main thing that puts me off is the feel of it in my hand. I tried holding it in a shop and it felt awkward to hold due to its quite hard and script edges. Does a case make it more comfortable to hold?

Also, have you found a case causes any overheating issues?
5th August 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #2  
Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 8

19 posts
More
I'm using a Z2 with a Spigen case from Amazon, in my opinion it adds minimal bulk but the grip has increased and its edges do not dig into my hands like the naked phone can sometimes.

As for temperature, in my experience with the Z2 it only heats up during intensive processes, like video recording or heavy data usage. This case does not actively warm the phone.
5th August 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
I have a case, mine overheated when in about 25C outside. I was using the camera + 4k as well. The case is the official one, makes it easier to hold and feels safer in my hand!
5th August 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag Birkenhead
Thanks Meter: 825

2,725 posts
More
i bought one of these mainly because I'm a clumsy bugger and haven't yet noticed any issues. TBF i only got it this morning but it looks good improves the feel, I to am struggling with the angularity and most importantly protects it.
6th August 2014, 03:44 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 36

210 posts
Thanks for the info guys I think I'd definitely need a case for it, I drop phones too often!
6th August 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,304

3,060 posts
Donate to Me
More
just a note

i dropped my z2 about 16 times and i had no damage, no cracks, minor scuffs
drop height avg=3ft
max height=7ft
minimum=2cm

xperias are usualy tough exterior wise
6th August 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #7  
Flag Turku
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
More
I bought the official flip case and it is comfortable to hold. I also like that it folds into a stand. However the phone does heat up more than normally while in the case.

After using the case for a few days I quit using it regularly since I like the amazing high quality feel of the naked phone in the hand. Having no problems with it being slippery although I have fairly small hands for a guy who's 6 ft tall.

Another thing to note is that us lefties are never taken into consideration while producers design flip cases since they always open from the wrong side :S

Phones:
Samsung Galaxy S I9000
Asus Padfone 2
Sony Xperia Z2

Android user since mid 2010

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread