Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Should I return the phone to stock prior to selling on ebay?

28th August 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
I am about to sell my xperia z2, which is currently running Cyanogenmod 11. Do you think that this will impact the amount I get for the phone in a negative or positive way? Would you recommend I flash the stock sony ROM prior to selling?

thanks
28th August 2014, 11:14 PM   |  #2  
Flag Birkenhead
Thanks Meter: 828

2,758 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by njd911

I am about to sell my xperia z2, which is currently running Cyanogenmod 11. Do you think that this will impact the amount I get for the phone in a negative or positive way? Would you recommend I flash the stock sony ROM prior to selling?

thanks

Personally if I where selling it I'd offer the buyer the option if selling it privately, or if it's going to a commercial operation stock is probably best.
25th February 2015, 11:45 PM   |  #3  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
More
Quote:

thanks

Many people will outright refuse purchasing custom devices for fear of voided warranty, even if there is no warranty or it is already void.

I'd recommend flashing stock regardless of where you're selling it, or to whom.
26th February 2015, 08:24 AM   |  #4  
Flag istanbul
Thanks Meter: 125

504 posts
More
Quote:

thanks

I would make it original as much as possible but if the DRM keys are gone (considering the bootloader is unlocked) I would properly announce that too.

99% stock could crate the perception of 100% stock if not checked enough and that's the responsibility of the buyer to warn about that 1% as many people do care about DRM keys.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread