Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more
Post Reply

Root Z2

OP Croize

31st August 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #1  
Croize's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
So, i finally made a decision so root my Z2 But first i wanna ask some stuff.. What do i need to know first of all ? All i want root for is so i can copy apps to my sd card thats it =) But then again.. Once i root can i delete it incase i need my warranty back?? What is the easist way to root Z2 ? Do i need a custom recovery ?? What can go wrong rooting Z2 ? And i assume i got locked bootloader from start? Regards.
31st August 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #2  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,037
 
2,551 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croize

So, i finally made a decision so root my Z2 But first i wanna ask some stuff.. What do i need to know first of all ? All i want root for is so i can copy apps to my sd card thats it =) But then again.. Once i root can i delete it incase i need my warranty back?? What is the easist way to root Z2 ? Do i need a custom recovery ?? What can go wrong rooting Z2 ? And i assume i got locked bootloader from start? Regards.

you do not need a custom recovery and with root not much can go wrong,

Rooting does not affect your bootloader
rooting does however affect your warrenty, removing of root does restore the status of your warenty since the modifacations no longer exist
you do not need recovery
your bootloader is locked from being manufactured, its only unlocked if someone unlocks it which sony wouldent do as its used to monitor if someone has modified their device but root exploits is a way around this
31st August 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #3  
Croize's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

you do not need a custom recovery and with root not much can go wrong,

Rooting does not affect your bootloader
rooting does however affect your warrenty, removing of root does restore the status of your warenty since the modifacations no longer exist
you do not need recovery
your bootloader is locked from being manufactured, its only unlocked if someone unlocks it which sony wouldent do as its used to monitor if someone has modified their device but root exploits is a way around this

So what root do you recommend me using ? im on latest build at the moment, i just read some people cant start phone after root etc.. but idk =) i will still try cause i rly dont wanna fill phone with apps, Rather on SD =) and greenify is a must ofc Nothing i need to think of backing up before root process?
Last edited by Croize; 31st August 2014 at 03:27 AM.
31st August 2014, 03:47 AM   |  #4  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,037
 
2,551 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croize

So what root do you recommend me using ? im on latest build at the moment, i just read some people cant start phone after root etc.. but idk =) i will still try cause i rly dont wanna fill phone with apps, Rather on SD =) and greenify is a must ofc Nothing i need to think of backing up before root process?

one of the ones on the how to root part
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2775411
31st August 2014, 03:59 AM   |  #5  
Croize's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

one of the ones on the how to root part
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2775411

All good.. finished root =) now i just need to read if i need warranty.. but should be just as easy to TFT right ?
Last edited by Croize; 31st August 2014 at 04:06 AM.
31st August 2014, 04:31 AM   |  #6  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,037
 
2,551 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croize

All good.. finished root =) now i just need to read if i need warranty.. but should be just as easy to TFT right ?

if you uninstall root from within the supersu app your warrenty is no longer voided because there is no evidance of root being there

if you modified your system you can install a FTF using flashtool to get totaly stock
31st August 2014, 06:23 AM   |  #7  
Croize's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

if you uninstall root from within the supersu app your warrenty is no longer voided because there is no evidance of root being there

if you modified your system you can install a FTF using flashtool to get totaly stock

Can i simply uninstall root from supersu app lol?
31st August 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #8  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,037
 
2,551 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croize

Can i simply uninstall root from supersu app lol?

no because it installs to the system, just open the supersu app and hit uninstall
31st August 2014, 09:26 AM   |  #9  
Croize's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

no because it installs to the system, just open the supersu app and hit uninstall

Whenever i need =) Flashed my first rom, Will try yours to, but read its issues.. Dont wanna start somthing i cant solve =)
31st August 2014, 10:40 AM   |  #10  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,037
 
2,551 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croize

Whenever i need =) Flashed my first rom, Will try yours to, but read its issues.. Dont wanna start somthing i cant solve =)

only test versions of my rom has issues V0.2b is fine but its for 402 kernel not 314 kernel which i do believe you was using

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank