Originally Posted by niksssss
Hello guys ! I am going to trade my S5 for a Z2. Im doing this not becouse the S5 is a bad phone, but just becouse I am the type of person who gets bored of everything very fast. I have some questions about the Z2 before I get it.
1. How long does it take to charge ? This is very important to me and my S5 just gets the job done as it fully charges in around 1:30 hours.
2. Are there common faults with the phone ? (I changed around 5-6 HTC's becouse of faulty units) Is there something common that I should look for (like the pink camera in case of the HTC)
3. How is the screen holding againts scratches ? My S5 is badly scratched and this drives me crazy.
4.How is the battery life ? Average screen on time ?
5. Does the phone produce much heat ? My S5 is almost never hot, but my HTC One X was like an oven.
6. Do you think that it is worth the upgrade ?
7. I see that the charger which comes with the Z2 is 1.5A. If i use a 2.0A charger will it charge faster or the phone has a maximum of 1.5A ?
In my case, it was the other way around: I traded my Z2 for an S5.
1+7: Charging time is easy to calculate if you know the capacity of the battery and charger amperage: 3200 mah battery with a 1.5A (1500 ma) charger means about 2h15minutes (give or take).
2. Camera not centered and little gap between display and frame. Both of them cosmetic. I see some users reporting a cracking noise from back panel but mine didn't have it. Other things that bothered me are mostly software related and can be fixed if you are rooted. I didn't do it, so software bugs annoyed the hell out me.
Another thing to pay attention is: heat, as it heats up quickly especially in direct sunlight (no. 5 on the list). Heat sensor on the battery stops camera from working if it reaches around 45C. This is hardware related and you can work around it by undervolting the CPU (lower frequency = less power consumption = less heat). By doing so you slow down your device although it's powerful enough that you don't notice it (from what I've red).
3. Don't know. I put screen protector on all my phones. The back, however, scratches easily (I think it's a different type of glass).
4. Amazing, better than S5.
5. Yes, it does heat up pretty quickly and it gets pretty hot.
6. It's subjective. In my case the upgrade was from Z2 to S5.