[Q] From S5 to Z2

OP niksssss

1st September 2014, 12:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 18

242 posts
More
Hello guys ! I am going to trade my S5 for a Z2. Im doing this not becouse the S5 is a bad phone, but just becouse I am the type of person who gets bored of everything very fast. I have some questions about the Z2 before I get it.
1. How long does it take to charge ? This is very important to me and my S5 just gets the job done as it fully charges in around 1:30 hours.
2. Are there common faults with the phone ? (I changed around 5-6 HTC's becouse of faulty units) Is there something common that I should look for (like the pink camera in case of the HTC)
3. How is the screen holding againts scratches ? My S5 is badly scratched and this drives me crazy.
4.How is the battery life ? Average screen on time ?
5. Does the phone produce much heat ? My S5 is almost never hot, but my HTC One X was like an oven.
6. Do you think that it is worth the upgrade ?
7. I see that the charger which comes with the Z2 is 1.5A. If i use a 2.0A charger will it charge faster or the phone has a maximum of 1.5A ?
Last edited by niksssss; 1st September 2014 at 01:04 AM.
1st September 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #2  
Info 2 i
Quote:
Originally Posted by niksssss

Hello guys ! I am going to trade my S5 for a Z2. Im doing this not becouse the S5 is a bad phone, but just becouse I am the type of person who gets bored of everything very fast. I have some questions about the Z2 before I get it.
1. How long does it take to charge ? This is very important to me and my S5 just gets the job done as it fully charges in around 1:30 hours.
2. Are there common faults with the phone ? (I changed around 5-6 HTC's becouse of faulty units) Is there something common that I should look for (like the pink camera in case of the HTC)
3. How is the screen holding againts scratches ? My S5 is badly scratched and this drives me crazy.
5. Does the phone produce much heat ? My S5 is almost never hot, but my HTC One X was like an oven.
7. I see that the charger which comes with the Z2 is 1.5A. If i use a 2.0A charger will it charge faster or the phone has a maximum of 1.5A ?

1. if your mean from ~10% to 100% it s normal for all phones 1-1:30 but in my experience Xperia Z2 is around 1 hour.
2. there was gap between screen and metal frame at first i don't know if still there. people report it more in white color!
3. the screen is very good however i recommend screen protector
4. Turn on Stamina Mode and exclude Apps u like to work >> battery life is awesome
5. there s report for over-heating of xz2 when recording 4K video (i don know about it cause i didn't check it) but no over heating during heavy 3D gaming...
6. NO ( in my opinion both S5 and Z2 are so good but if u life more beautiful phone so YES )
7. i don know (but i prefer always official cable and chargers)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geeks Empire For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 18

242 posts
More
One more question - When I root it, is there a way to return it to full stock so that I don't loose my warranty ?
1st September 2014, 04:58 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,479

3,347 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

One more question - When I root it, is there a way to return it to full stock so that I don't loose my warranty ?

if you have modded your device using root then you can use flashtool from flashtool.net to flash a ftf file which will restore your device to a totaly stock state

if you just rooted then just hit uninstall in the supersu app

also newer manufactured z2 seem to have no gaps or heating, however it still gets warm with 4k recording
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st September 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #5  
Info 2 i
Quote:

Yup
actually u can root Xperia devices without unlocking bootloader (that unlocking voids ur warranty) GUIDE
after root i recommend this way to completely remove root paths
wipe rooted firmware and flash stock (unroot) firmware

1st September 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 32

381 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeks Empire

1. if your mean from ~10% to 100% it s normal for all phones 1-1:30 but in my experience Xperia Z2 is around 1 hour.
2. there was gap between screen and metal frame at first i don't know if still there. people report it more in white color!
3. the screen is very good however i recommend screen protector
4. Turn on Stamina Mode and exclude Apps u like to work >> battery life is awesome
5. there s report for over-heating of xz2 when recording 4K video (i don know about it cause i didn't check it) but no over heating during heavy 3D gaming...
6. NO ( in my opinion both S5 and Z2 are so good but if u life more beautiful phone so YES )
7. i don know (but i prefer always official cable and chargers)

1 hour charge for you!? Takes over 2 hr for mine .
2nd September 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #7  
Flag Brașov
Thanks Meter: 30

143 posts
More
Quote:

In my case, it was the other way around: I traded my Z2 for an S5.

1+7: Charging time is easy to calculate if you know the capacity of the battery and charger amperage: 3200 mah battery with a 1.5A (1500 ma) charger means about 2h15minutes (give or take).

2. Camera not centered and little gap between display and frame. Both of them cosmetic. I see some users reporting a cracking noise from back panel but mine didn't have it. Other things that bothered me are mostly software related and can be fixed if you are rooted. I didn't do it, so software bugs annoyed the hell out me.
Another thing to pay attention is: heat, as it heats up quickly especially in direct sunlight (no. 5 on the list). Heat sensor on the battery stops camera from working if it reaches around 45C. This is hardware related and you can work around it by undervolting the CPU (lower frequency = less power consumption = less heat). By doing so you slow down your device although it's powerful enough that you don't notice it (from what I've red).

3. Don't know. I put screen protector on all my phones. The back, however, scratches easily (I think it's a different type of glass).

4. Amazing, better than S5.

5. Yes, it does heat up pretty quickly and it gets pretty hot.

6. It's subjective. In my case the upgrade was from Z2 to S5.
Last edited by raducanmihai; 2nd September 2014 at 10:57 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to raducanmihai For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
z2 vs s5
Previous Thread Next Thread