Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Save photos on the internal memory after water damaged phone with black screen?

OP MrsX

21st August 2014, 02:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
I went into the pool with the phone (all hatches closed properly) but the phone was leaking water into the speaker input. The phone screen flickered and eventually became black.

I plugged it into the PC Companion and the phone then loads (red light that shines on the top edge) and the theme song plays when I start the phone, but the screen is still black. The phone will not connect to PC Companion because it is not possible to unlock the phone lock.

Now I wonder if I can somehow get hold of the images stored in the internal memory to save on my computer? Im worried that all my photos now is gone?

Thanks in advance.
21st August 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #2  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 86

429 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsX

I went into the pool with the phone (all hatches closed properly) but the phone was leaking water into the speaker input. The phone screen flickered and eventually became black.

I plugged it into the PC Companion and the phone then loads (red light that shines on the top edge) and the theme song plays when I start the phone, but the screen is still black. The phone will not connect to PC Companion because it is not possible to unlock the phone lock.

Now I wonder if I can somehow get hold of the images stored in the internal memory to save on my computer? Im worried that all my photos now is gone?

Thanks in advance.

You should not have turned it on again so soon and connected it to the computer. You should try the rice method to absorb as much moisture as possible.

I know this doesn't help now, but you should consider using auto photo/video backup. I use Google's and it's been fantastic. Never have to worry about losing a photo/video and I can view them all on any phone, tablet, computer.

Try the rice method before you power up with the computer again. Also even though the screen is black try to swipe to unlock anyways.
The Following User Says Thank You to blyndfyre For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 03:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Stockholm
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blyndfyre

You should not have turned it on again so soon and connected it to the computer. You should try the rice method to absorb as much moisture as possible.

I know this doesn't help now, but you should consider using auto photo/video backup. I use Google's and it's been fantastic. Never have to worry about losing a photo/video and I can view them all on any phone, tablet, computer.

Try the rice method before you power up with the computer again. Also even though the screen is black try to swipe to unlock anyways.

Ok, thank you, I will try that! I guess I was too eager and therefore tested the phone too quickly. Better late than never the images now is backed up to Google.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread