Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,642 Members 44,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen problem: black turns dark pink when look slantly?

Tip us?

hieuhd93
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Screen problem: black turns dark pink when look slantly?

The problem is mentioned in the title. And when taking a photo with my Z2, the photo looks a little bit pink. But after uploading it on fb or the laptop, the photo looks fine. So I guess the screen is the problem. The screen looks pink especially when taking picture with the dark and white background. Anyone get the same issue (screen) like me? Sorry for my broken english. Thanks.

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 5,161

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hieuhd93 View Post
The problem is mentioned in the title. And when taking a photo with my Z2, the photo looks a little bit pink. But after uploading it on fb or the laptop, the photo looks fine. So I guess the screen is the problem. The screen looks pink especially when taking picture with the dark and white background. Anyone get the same issue (screen) like me? Sorry for my broken english. Thanks.
If your pictures look fine on other devices then problem is, of course, in your device.
Cases and screen protectors could cause problems and reflections but that's not it
(it would be visible on all devices)

You can try to calibrate white balance, maybe that helps a bit.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to funky0308 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MaddMee
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Sony has introduced Live Color LED technology on the Z2. This uses green and red phosphor with blue LEDs to create more uniform and brighter color reproduction. Hence the backlight seem to be pink to blue when viewed from an angle.
Its a normal behaviour
Xperia Live With Walkman / Xperia Ion / Desire X / Desire 600 / Xperia SP/ Xperia ZR/ Xperia Z1/ Xperia Z ultra
The Following User Says Thank You to MaddMee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]