Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 41,377 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen problems with Water

Tip us?

k.a.h
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Screen problems with Water

Hello All,

I tried to search a little bit before posting my question, but did not find anything related, so am starting this thread, I had my Z2 for about 2 weeks now, and I got an idea today to make a water resistence test, just to make sure everything is fine in case it happened after that by accident, so I did it and I put my phone in a bowl full of water, And I had negative results, the screen kept taking actions without me doing it, I mean opening apps, entering in menus, scrolling, all of that without my hand being on the screen, when I pulled my phone out, it kept misbehaving untill I dried all the water from the screen, even when made my hand only wet and tried to deal with the phone,, it kept opening apps randomly and touching areas in the screen automatically , does anyone had this problem ?? is it the normal action with the Z2 , or i must go to see the retailer ??

Thanks a lot.

TheMathMan
Old
Thanks Meter 77
That's normal. It is what would happen to any capacitive screen with water droplets on. Any droplet can act as a finger touch

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Devices: Sony Xperia Z2
ROMs: Stock .402 Rooted, DooMLoRD Kernel

k.a.h
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMathMan View Post
That's normal. It is what would happen to any capacitive screen with water droplets on. Any droplet can act as a finger touch

Thank u for reply , but actually i saw a couple of videos on the internet for the water test and none of them had this issue and actually even my htc one x if i pressed on the screen with wet hand it wouldnt misbehave like that one..

seh6183
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Try turning off the glove feature. Its in the settings, it makes the screen more sensitive so you can use it with gloves.
Sent from my iPhone 4

k.a.h
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for reply but actually i have Glove mode is Off and tap to wake is also off !

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

HussainQ
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.h View Post
Thanks for reply but actually i have Glove mode is Off and tap to wake is also off !

This touchscreen is more sensitive than others. It is also much thinner.
You should only use the phone when it is dry.
If I've ever been of any assistance, just press the THANKS button

k.a.h
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Its a waterproof phone i can use it underwater supposedly which i cant do right now.. Am not even requesting to tap the screen underwater .. Am just requesting that this screen does not misbehave while underwater or even with droplets on it.

HussainQ
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Its a waterproof phone i can use it underwater supposedly which i cant do right now.. Am not even requesting to tap the screen underwater .. Am just requesting that this screen does not misbehave while underwater or even with droplets on it.

To be honest, the only thing you can do underwater with the device is take a picture with the camera or record a video using the camera shutter button. The device won't even overheat much -_-
If I've ever been of any assistance, just press the THANKS button

Zebra-Snow
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HussainQ View Post
To be honest, the only thing you can do underwater with the device is take a picture with the camera or record a video using the camera shutter button. The device won't even overheat much -_-
LOL, ya , and the only thing that I want to do underwater is take pictures or record video

funky0308
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4954

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hello All,

I tried to search a little bit before posting my question, but did not find anything related, so am starting this thread, I had my Z2 for about 2 weeks now, and I got an idea today to make a water resistence test, just to make sure everything is fine in case it happened after that by accident, so I did it and I put my phone in a bowl full of water, And I had negative results, the screen kept taking actions without me doing it, I mean opening apps, entering in menus, scrolling, all of that without my hand being on the screen, when I pulled my phone out, it kept misbehaving untill I dried all the water from the screen, even when made my hand only wet and tried to deal with the phone,, it kept opening apps randomly and touching areas in the screen automatically , does anyone had this problem ?? is it the normal action with the Z2 , or i must go to see the retailer ??

Thanks a lot.
Use small app designed for this purpose.

You can record videos or take a pictures under water without any screen problems or apps randomly selected...

Sony realised that on Xperia Z so they added small app and hardware button for camera on Z1 and Z2..