LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Screen problems with Water

OP k.a.h

2nd July 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Hello All,

I tried to search a little bit before posting my question, but did not find anything related, so am starting this thread, I had my Z2 for about 2 weeks now, and I got an idea today to make a water resistence test, just to make sure everything is fine in case it happened after that by accident, so I did it and I put my phone in a bowl full of water, And I had negative results, the screen kept taking actions without me doing it, I mean opening apps, entering in menus, scrolling, all of that without my hand being on the screen, when I pulled my phone out, it kept misbehaving untill I dried all the water from the screen, even when made my hand only wet and tried to deal with the phone,, it kept opening apps randomly and touching areas in the screen automatically , does anyone had this problem ?? is it the normal action with the Z2 , or i must go to see the retailer ??

Thanks a lot.
2nd July 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Brighton
Thanks Meter: 79
 
1,385 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
That's normal. It is what would happen to any capacitive screen with water droplets on. Any droplet can act as a finger touch

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
2nd July 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMathMan

That's normal. It is what would happen to any capacitive screen with water droplets on. Any droplet can act as a finger touch

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Thank u for reply , but actually i saw a couple of videos on the internet for the water test and none of them had this issue and actually even my htc one x if i pressed on the screen with wet hand it wouldnt misbehave like that one..
3rd July 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192
 
1,710 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Try turning off the glove feature. Its in the settings, it makes the screen more sensitive so you can use it with gloves.
3rd July 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Thanks for reply but actually i have Glove mode is Off and tap to wake is also off !

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
3rd July 2014, 12:08 PM   |  #6  
HussainQ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
645 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.h

Thanks for reply but actually i have Glove mode is Off and tap to wake is also off !

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

This touchscreen is more sensitive than others. It is also much thinner.
You should only use the phone when it is dry.
3rd July 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Its a waterproof phone i can use it underwater supposedly which i cant do right now.. Am not even requesting to tap the screen underwater .. Am just requesting that this screen does not misbehave while underwater or even with droplets on it.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
3rd July 2014, 11:37 PM   |  #8  
HussainQ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
645 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.h

Its a waterproof phone i can use it underwater supposedly which i cant do right now.. Am not even requesting to tap the screen underwater .. Am just requesting that this screen does not misbehave while underwater or even with droplets on it.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

To be honest, the only thing you can do underwater with the device is take a picture with the camera or record a video using the camera shutter button. The device won't even overheat much -_-
4th July 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by HussainQ

To be honest, the only thing you can do underwater with the device is take a picture with the camera or record a video using the camera shutter button. The device won't even overheat much -_-

LOL, ya , and the only thing that I want to do underwater is take pictures or record video
4th July 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #10  
funky0308's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 5,512
 
6,763 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.h

Hello All,

I tried to search a little bit before posting my question, but did not find anything related, so am starting this thread, I had my Z2 for about 2 weeks now, and I got an idea today to make a water resistence test, just to make sure everything is fine in case it happened after that by accident, so I did it and I put my phone in a bowl full of water, And I had negative results, the screen kept taking actions without me doing it, I mean opening apps, entering in menus, scrolling, all of that without my hand being on the screen, when I pulled my phone out, it kept misbehaving untill I dried all the water from the screen, even when made my hand only wet and tried to deal with the phone,, it kept opening apps randomly and touching areas in the screen automatically , does anyone had this problem ?? is it the normal action with the Z2 , or i must go to see the retailer ??

Thanks a lot.

Use small app designed for this purpose.



You can record videos or take a pictures under water without any screen problems or apps randomly selected...

Sony realised that on Xperia Z so they added small app and hardware button for camera on Z1 and Z2..

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes