Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 50,140 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What to do???
Take action against them in court... 2 66.67%
Don't know tell me 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Out of ADP Warranty problems

Tip us?

jaivardhansingh1996
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Out of ADP Warranty problems

My Z2 is water damaged first ****y Sony guys told me that they will replace it but after 11 days they said that they will not replace my ****ing damaged Z2 and asked me to pay 80% of money so they can give me new Z2 now 1 month has already passed and i'm ****ed up...if same happended to anyone please suggest what have you done against them

zadusimple
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaivardhansingh1996 View Post
My Z2 is water damaged first ****y Sony guys told me that they will replace it but after 11 days they said that they will not replace my ****ing damaged Z2 and asked me to pay 80% of money so they can give me new Z2 now 1 month has already passed and i'm ****ed up...if same happended to anyone please suggest what have you done against them
They discontinued ADP for purchases after 1 st July. But still they should cover it under warranty for water damage.
Phone: Xperia Z2 D6502
Rom: eXistenZ Ultimate Kernel : Stock Bootloader : Locked Root:Yes!
Previous Phones: Galaxy S , Galaxy S III, Galaxy Nexus

jaivardhansingh1996
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default Appreciate it brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadusimple View Post
They discontinued ADP for purchases after 1 st July. But still they should cover it under warranty for water damage.
But they are not replacing my device in standard warranty since it's water damaged...

zadusimple
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
But they are not replacing my device in standard warranty since it's water damaged...
Ideally they should. Raise your voice and probably write email to top bosses. May be they will listen.

jaivardhansingh1996
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ideally they should. Raise your voice and probably write email to top bosses. May be they will listen.
But I don't know where to start from really it's to shame for brand like Sony

stanley08
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,669
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry about ur phone mate but as far as I know, Water Damage isn't covered by Sony's Standard Warranty, because what if your flaps were open? I am sure your flaps weren't open, but that is what they would tell you. Because they can!
If Sony covered water damage, every person with a water damaged phone due to carelessness of not closing the flaps will cry foul and request for their phones to be fixed for free. And how many phones do you think Sony would fix for free every day? All over the world. And not just the Z2, other devices too. So... Thousands?
Bottomline, unless Sony makes a phone with all WaterProof ports, totally waterproof (No need for flaps). Then they will always have the option to chalk it down to your mistake. Sad! But True!

Sony Xperia Z2 (D6503)
Bootloader Status: UNLOCKED!
ROM: eXistenZ v2.0.0
Kernel: Stock

Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
ROM: Paranoid Android Alpha
Kernel: Stock PA

JOIN THE XPERIA Z2 FACEBOOK GROUP HERE
MAXIMIZE THE BATTERY LIFE OF YOUR ANDROID DEVICE

Retired
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900), Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500), Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300), Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100), Sony Xperia Arc, Sony Xperia Neo V, HTC Desire HD

zadusimple
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley08 View Post
Sorry about ur phone mate but as far as I know, Water Damage isn't covered by Sony's Standard Warranty, because what if your flaps were open? I am sure your flaps weren't open, but that is what they would tell you. Because they can!
If Sony covered water damage, every person with a water damaged phone due to carelessness of not closing the flaps will cry foul and request for their phones to be fixed for free. And how many phones do you think Sony would fix for free every day? All over the world. And not just the Z2, other devices too. So... Thousands?
Bottomline, unless Sony makes a phone with all WaterProof ports, totally waterproof (No need for flaps). Then they will always have the option to chalk it down to your mistake. Sad! But True!
I think they have a method to tell if flaps were open by looking into the white strip. If you can prove flaps were properly closed then you can claim warranty. I am not 100% sure about it though but I read it somewhere.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

Quote:
But I don't know where to start from really it's to shame for brand like Sony
Btw, what was your date of purchase and from where you bought your phone?

jaivardhansingh1996
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Default I got white version which seems to be facing problems from water

Quote:
I think they have a method to tell if flaps were open by looking into the white strip. If you can prove flaps were properly closed then you can claim warranty. I am not 100% sure about it though but I read it somewhere.
I got similar complains check this link https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperi...ed/td-p/698615

zadusimple
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
I got similar complains check this link https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperi...ed/td-p/698615
If that's the case, then I am really sorry for you mate.

jaivardhansingh1996
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
If that's the case, then I am really sorry for you mate.
Ok then i have to register case against them...