Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 54,109 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unable to unlock bootloader

Tip us?

murtadha50
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Unable to unlock bootloader

I just bought the Z2 phone which is UNBRANDED and check that the BOOTLOADER can be UNLOCKED under the configuration menu. The phone is rooted which I verified through a program. Using Android 4.4.2, Build 17.1.2.A..0.314

Tried the flashtools to unlock it

Flashtools - gives me the error that the bootloader cannot be unlocked. Tells me to unplug the phone and turn it on.

Any help?

bluheart
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Try 2-3 times.
But first root with easyroot then backup the TA partition then while in root, unlock. Everything will work.

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SGS1 - SlimRom; SGS2 - SlimRom; SGNote - Stock, replaced with HTC Butterfly
Sony Xperia Z2 - Stock CM11(infected_)M10
The Following User Says Thank You to bluheart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Envious_Data
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 862

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by murtadha50 View Post
I just bought the Z2 phone which is UNBRANDED and check that the BOOTLOADER can be UNLOCKED under the configuration menu. The phone is rooted which I verified through a program. Using Android 4.4.2, Build 17.1.2.A..0.314

Tried the flashtools to unlock it

Flashtools - gives me the error that the bootloader cannot be unlocked. Tells me to unplug the phone and turn it on.

Any help?
1. install all drivers
2. run flashtool as admin
3. make sure your imei code was right
4. make sure your unlock code was right
5. try again a few times

misc. check if your bootloader is unlockable in your service menu, does it say rooting is alowed (i dont remember what menu this was in):*#*#SERVICE#*#* in your dialier

Hi there

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the WebSpace

Deviant Art page
http://enviousdata.deviantart.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

murtadha50
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data View Post
1. install all drivers
2. run flashtool as admin
3. make sure your imei code was right
4. make sure your unlock code was right
5. try again a few times

misc. check if your bootloader is unlockable in your service menu, does it say rooting is alowed (i dont remember what menu this was in):*#*#SERVICE#*#* in your dialier
Yes rooting is allowed

Im using flashtool only as admin not the official method and tried alot with no luck

murtadha50
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Iv’e tried to unlock via flashtool as above but it tells me it cannot be officially unlocked, before doing this I checked on the phone and it says bootloader unlockable yes

hush66
Old
Thanks Meter 384
You might want to try the "old-fashion" way?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2440597
The Following User Says Thank You to hush66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

linjes
Old
Thanks Meter 39
You have to root first to backup TA partition (or don't haha but please do it is essentially your warranty)
Then go to the Sony Dev page to get your unlock code. You need your imei. Then, use that in fastboot(not flashtool oops). The instructions are in the Sony page. This WILL wipe your phone so you might wanna tibu stuff into your sdcard

Sent from my LG-D802
The Following User Says Thank You to linjes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

murtadha50
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by linjes View Post
You have to root first to backup TA partition (or don't haha but please do it is essentially your warranty)
Then go to the Sony Dev page to get your unlock code. You need your imei. Then, use that in fastboot(not flashtool oops). The instructions are in the Sony page. This WILL wipe your phone so you might wanna tibu stuff into your sdcard

Sent from my LG-D802
I have backuped TA

If i use the official way from sony will it be a problem if I want to relock it again for warranty purposes or if occured faults for the device?

Do Sony know that i have unlocked the bbotloader then it will void warrant even if I lock it again?

linjes
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
I have backuped TA

If i use the official way from sony will it be a problem if I want to relock it again for warranty purposes or if occured faults for the device?

Do Sony know that i have unlocked the bbotloader then it will void warrant even if I lock it again?
No idea but I doubt it. The unlock process cannot send a notification to Sony, but I am not sure what their policy is on you obtaining the unlock code. Should be fine though

Sent from my LG-D802
The Following User Says Thank You to linjes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghostofcain
Old
Thanks Meter 796
Quote:
I have backuped TA

I would suspect that if Sony wanted to be arses about it that they will take the obtaining an unlock code as proof it was unlocked, do you tick a box to say you accept you are voiding your warranty when you request the code? But it doesn't make a difference what method you use as both require the unlock code from Sony.
I'm a linux user and smug about it, this is your problem not mine.