Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Unbrick Xperia Z2

OP schwags

23rd August 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 11

242 posts
More
OK, I decided to put a custom ROM on my Z2 today. I did not unlock bootloader, but installed NUT's Dual Recovery. It booted, installed ROM fine. I decided I wanted to reinstall to change some settings, wiped data and davlik, rebooted (by accident), and now I'm just suck at SONY logo on boot. Please help, not sure how to fix this. I can power off by Power Button + Volume Up, or the red button on left side. I just want to get it back into recovery so I can reflash, or whatever I need to do to revive it. Searched around, not finding much to fix it. Please help!
23rd August 2014, 10:47 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

242 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwags

OK, I decided to put a custom ROM on my Z2 today. I did not unlock bootloader, but installed NUT's Dual Recovery. It booted, installed ROM fine. I decided I wanted to reinstall to change some settings, wiped data and davlik, rebooted (by accident), and now I'm just suck at SONY logo on boot. Please help, not sure how to fix this. I can power off by Power Button + Volume Up, or the red button on left side. I just want to get it back into recovery so I can reflash, or whatever I need to do to revive it. Searched around, not finding much to fix it. Please help!

I at least have it in fastboot mode, and can see the device when running the fastboot command. Someone please help...
23rd August 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 23

94 posts
Flash ftf with flashtool.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
23rd August 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

242 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0 Matt 0o

Flash ftf with flashtool.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

OK, I at least got that far using proper instructions, still doesn't boot though, stuck at SONY logo.
24th August 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago

242 posts
More
Nevermind, it worked now. It was telling me some weird instructions, had to have it in fastboot, unplug and plug back in again without doing anything. It's booting now. Why would this happen? Maybe I just need to unlock my bootloader?
24th August 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 22

169 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwags

Nevermind, it worked now. It was telling me some weird instructions, had to have it in fastboot, unplug and plug back in again without doing anything. It's booting now. Why would this happen? Maybe I just need to unlock my bootloader?

No, it has nothing to do with unlocking your bootloader. If you were using flashtool you probably didn't plug it in in the correct mode.

As for unlocking your bootloader, read the instructions on any ROM's OP. It will tell you whether it needs an unlocked bootloader or not. Sony stock based ROMs sometimes do and sometimes don't. AOSP based ROMs do need an unlocked bootloader as that is needed to flash a custom kernel. If you do want to unlock your bootloader, read up on how to root your device first without unlocking and then read up on how to back up the TA partition of your device. This partition is effectively your warranty and contains the DRM keys to all of Sony's proprietary software. If you unlock your bootloader without a backup, you lose your DRM keys and they are non retrievable. Thus, if you want to send the device off for a repair, without restoring the TA partition you cannot restore your warranty and it will be declined. Having your TA partition backed up means that if you ever need to send it off, you can restore it and this locks your bootloader and reverses any DRM key loss.

If you have any further questions please ask before doing anything. We can only help answer questions if you ask them
24th August 2014, 10:28 AM   |  #7  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,156

9,653 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please post questions and help in the Q&A/Troubleshooting section. You will receive replies much more quickly if you do so.

Thread moved

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread