Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 51,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] cant update z2,cant verify

Tip us?

rshook1986
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] cant update z2,cant verify

Hey guys,
I got a problem.
Bought a second hand z2 today and it sayt it got a update 17.1.2.A.0.314
When I dontload it it sayt cant verify,same with pc companion,but then it says this phone has custom software or something.
I suspect,unlocked bootloader,but when I try to relock bootloader with flash tool it sayt,this phone can not be unloaded officialy?
Someone know how I can fix this?
and is there a way how to check if bootloader is unlocked,like Samsung when u boot with power button and volume up.
Thnx

hush66
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Go to your dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#*. Then go to Service Info -> Configuration. What is indicated under Rooting status?

If it says "Bootloader unlock allowed - Yes", this means that your bootloader is still locked but can be unlocked.
If it says "Bootloader Unlocked - Yes", then it means that your bootloader is already unlocked.
If it says "Bootloader unlock allowed - No", then it means your bootloader can never be unlocked.

If your bootloader is indeed unlocked and you want to flash stock firmware, you cannot use PC Companion. You need to use Sony Flash Tool instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to hush66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gautamr9
Old
Thanks Meter 61
I faced the same problem. If you have modified any system files (like build.prop) or removed/uninstalled any system apps, then it will error out with the "can't verify".

Just revert all changes you made, re-install and system apk u removed, and try again.
If I have helped you, hit the THANKS button!!

Current Devices : Sony Xperia Z2, Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Motorola X
Previous Devices : Samsung Galaxy Note, Xolo X900, Sony Xperia Arc, Samsung Galaxy Ace, Nokia N900, Nokia N82, Nokia N73, Motorola L6, Nokia 3300