OP rshook1986

10th August 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
Hey guys,
I got a problem.
Bought a second hand z2 today and it sayt it got a update 17.1.2.A.0.314
When I dontload it it sayt cant verify,same with pc companion,but then it says this phone has custom software or something.
I suspect,unlocked bootloader,but when I try to relock bootloader with flash tool it sayt,this phone can not be unloaded officialy?
Someone know how I can fix this?
and is there a way how to check if bootloader is unlocked,like Samsung when u boot with power button and volume up.
Thnx
11th August 2014, 03:06 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 403

863 posts
More
Go to your dialer and enter *#*#7378423#*#*. Then go to Service Info -> Configuration. What is indicated under Rooting status?

If it says "Bootloader unlock allowed - Yes", this means that your bootloader is still locked but can be unlocked.
If it says "Bootloader Unlocked - Yes", then it means that your bootloader is already unlocked.
If it says "Bootloader unlock allowed - No", then it means your bootloader can never be unlocked.

If your bootloader is indeed unlocked and you want to flash stock firmware, you cannot use PC Companion. You need to use Sony Flash Tool instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to hush66 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 09:12 AM   |  #3  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 62

135 posts
More
I faced the same problem. If you have modified any system files (like build.prop) or removed/uninstalled any system apps, then it will error out with the "can't verify".

Just revert all changes you made, re-install and system apk u removed, and try again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread