No registration required

[Q] Using Z2 internationally with T-Mobile USA

OP Prestigerg7

28th August 2014, 04:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hello Everyone,

I had a question about using my Z2 while in Europe for vacation. My mobile provided is T-Mobile USA. I have the international version of the Z2; model number D6503.

Basically, I want to know if the phone will automatically connect to mobile networks in Europe by itself or if I will have to change options on the phone such as the APN in order for me to get mobile service? The country in question is Bulgaria, and per T-Mobile's site they do have service there.

In the USA, the phone set itself up, all I had to do was select download internet and MMS settings and I was good to go. Will I have to do something similar like that while in another country or will the default T-Mobile APN suffice?

Thank you for your time and assistance!
28th August 2014, 05:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 187

1,558 posts
More
Shouldn't have to do anything but enable roaming. I spent July in Greece and Turkey and never had an issue (AT&T). Negotiate the rates with your carrier prior to departure. Roaming voice and data are not generally included in domestic plans.
29th August 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by augie7107

Shouldn't have to do anything but enable roaming. I spent July in Greece and Turkey and never had an issue (AT&T). Negotiate the rates with your carrier prior to departure. Roaming voice and data are not generally included in domestic plans.

Thank you! I was hoping you only needed to activate roaming. And thank you for the heads up as well. Luckily T-Mobile has pretty good international rates.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread