Post Reply

I brought a oneplus one :(

19th August 2014, 09:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southend
Thanks Meter: 67
 
511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
Hey guys, I love the xperia z2. Absolutely brilliant phone. But I have, unfortunately had problems ( just like I did with my z ultra )

So I decided to buy a one plus one, I'll still keep my z2 for sure and decide which is better suited for me

Has anyone else thought about getting the opo yet?


J

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using XDA Free mobile app
20th August 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #2  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 909
 
2,279 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHanAnLG

Hey guys, I love the xperia z2. Absolutely brilliant phone. But I have, unfortunately had problems ( just like I did with my z ultra )

So I decided to buy a one plus one, I'll still keep my z2 for sure and decide which is better suited for me

Has anyone else thought about getting the opo yet?


J

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using XDA Free mobile app

oppo are in the middle, arent amazing, but arent terrible
dont have huge flaws nor pros

unlike xperias with their damn heating issues or manufacturing

one+one as far as ive experianced are flawless
20th August 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Southend
Thanks Meter: 67
 
511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
More
In pretty excited to get it to be honest. The camera looks amazing and they said that when android L comes out they'll have a stable version for the opo within 90 unlike Sony who don't say anything

J

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using XDA Free mobile app
20th August 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 85
 
412 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHanAnLG

In pretty excited to get it to be honest. The camera looks amazing and they said that when android L comes out they'll have a stable version for the opo within 90 unlike Sony who don't say anything

J

Sent from my Xperia Z2 using XDA Free mobile app

There are a lot of problems with the OPO. I have already purchased 5 of them, and I don't have one left.
-All 5 had a terrible yellow band at the bottom of the screen.
-Half of them had touchscreen problems (something to do with poor grounding, so when placed on a conductive material the phones touchscreen malfunctions).
-A couple of them came with chipped and nicked bezels.
-All of them had extremely low call volume with both earpiece and speakerphone
-Back Sandstone cover inconsistent between devices, scratches and chips so easily.

Regarding the 90 update policy: Please keep in mind they are running CyanogenMod, which you can run on your Z2, and which will likely be out with Android L sooner than 90 days. You can't compare a CyanogenMod ROM release to an Xperia ROM release.

Be careful because I tried to RMA all of my devices for one or more of the problems listed above, and it took near two weeks to even get a reply. After another week of dialogue they declined all of my RMA's. I have since sold the phones at a loss and I will never deal with them again.

I can safely say that the camera on the Z2 is far superior to the OPO's from the pictures I've take with both devices.

Lastly, there are two speakers on the OPO like most modern phones, however their speakers are MONO and not STEREO.
20th August 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #5  
cheapshot789's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 27
 
250 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

oppo are in the middle, arent amazing, but arent terrible
dont have huge flaws nor pros

unlike xperias with their damn heating issues or manufacturing

one+one as far as ive experianced are flawless

Before I got z2 I read all this heating issue about z2, I don't know if I got a real good z2 or what but I have no heating issues everyone is crying about sure if I do more intense things I get a little warmer but all phones do and as soon as a stop phone is normal again.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
20th August 2014, 08:28 PM   |  #6  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 909
 
2,279 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapshot789

Before I got z2 I read all this heating issue about z2, I don't know if I got a real good z2 or what but I have no heating issues everyone is crying about sure if I do more intense things I get a little warmer but all phones do and as soon as a stop phone is normal again.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Z2 and few months after release all manufactured Z2s had a finger burning heating issue

newwer ones have almost no such thing
20th August 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by blyndfyre

There are a lot of problems with the OPO. I have already purchased 5 of them, and I don't have one left.
-All 5 had a terrible yellow band at the bottom of the screen.
-Half of them had touchscreen problems (something to do with poor grounding, so when placed on a conductive material the phones touchscreen malfunctions).
-A couple of them came with chipped and nicked bezels.
-All of them had extremely low call volume with both earpiece and speakerphone
-Back Sandstone cover inconsistent between devices, scratches and chips so easily.

Regarding the 90 update policy: Please keep in mind they are running CyanogenMod, which you can run on your Z2, and which will likely be out with Android L sooner than 90 days. You can't compare a CyanogenMod ROM release to an Xperia ROM release.

Be careful because I tried to RMA all of my devices for one or more of the problems listed above, and it took near two weeks to even get a reply. After another week of dialogue they declined all of my RMA's. I have since sold the phones at a loss and I will never deal with them again.

I can safely say that the camera on the Z2 is far superior to the OPO's from the pictures I've take with both devices.

Lastly, there are two speakers on the OPO like most modern phones, however their speakers are MONO and not STEREO.

Wow, bro. Whomever comes to me and says One Plus One is the best smartphone so far, I'll show them this post. I was starting to think if this One Plus One is better than my beloved Sony Xperia Z2, aswell. Now after reading this post, I'm relieved.

And yeah, they're using CyanogedMod, we're using our own awesome ROM specially engineered by Sony. So this means when our Android L version comes out, it'll surely beat the hell out of their Android L version ROM.
21st August 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 85
 
412 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by V4LKyR

Wow, bro. Whomever comes to me and says One Plus One is the best smartphone so far, I'll show them this post. I was starting to think if this One Plus One is better than my beloved Sony Xperia Z2, aswell. Now after reading this post, I'm relieved.

And yeah, they're using CyanogedMod, we're using our own awesome ROM specially engineered by Sony. So this means when our Android L version comes out, it'll surely beat the hell out of their Android L version ROM.

Yeah do some research before you buy it, the moderators on the OP forum are doing their best to bury the "problem" threads. It's sad, I posted multiple threads to create awareness about the problems with my phones, and I was banned from the forum for "spreading conspiracy"!
21st August 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
A co-worker of mine just sold off his OPO and stuck with his Samsung phone instead

The Back sandstone cover or whatever it's referred to is definitely a turn-off on that phone. It already had slight wear/chipping on the corners from being placed in the packaging- a big indication that the back will wear out over time and look awful without a case. Before even powering it on, he opted to sell it off and get his money back.

Have no issues with my Z2 here, overheating or build quality
21st August 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 85
 
412 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Res215dg

A co-worker of mine just sold off his OPO and stuck with his Samsung phone instead

The Back sandstone cover or whatever it's referred to is definitely a turn-off on that phone. It already had slight wear/chipping on the corners from being placed in the packaging- a big indication that the back will wear out over time and look awful without a case. Before even powering it on, he opted to sell it off and get his money back.

Have no issues with my Z2 here, overheating or build quality

My Z2 has been fantastic thus far as well. I tried five times with five brand new OPO's and was completely unsatisfied every time.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z2 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank