FORUMS
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Does camera overheat was fixed?

18th June 2014, 03:00 PM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Teresina
Thanks Meter: 26

More
hey guys, Z2 was launched this week in Brazil so i am looking to replace my lg g2 for z2. but i saw many complaints about people not being able to use the camera when is hot outside. even after 5 pictures the camera got warm and shutdown. i will never use 4k video, but i plan to use the max 16:9 manual resolution, ia mode and 1080p 60fps. in my g2 i always recorded long videos and never got a camera shutdown, even tried yesterday recording 4k with a mod and after 5 minutes video was saved and nothing happened. and people with this problem live in places with good temperatures like 20c, here in my city usually is 30c or 35c so i am a bit worried if i will buy a very expensive phone without being able to use the camera. so this was already fixed or is hardware problem?

18th June 2014, 03:05 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My country's temperature is also at 30c. The camera will get hot, but I've never experienced a shutdown before

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
29th June 2014, 02:26 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leandronb

hey guys, Z2 was launched this week in Brazil so i am looking to replace my lg g2 for z2. but i saw many complaints about people not being able to use the camera when is hot outside. even after 5 pictures the camera got warm and shutdown. i will never use 4k video, but i plan to use the max 16:9 manual resolution, ia mode and 1080p 60fps. in my g2 i always recorded long videos and never got a camera shutdown, even tried yesterday recording 4k with a mod and after 5 minutes video was saved and nothing happened. and people with this problem live in places with good temperatures like 20c, here in my city usually is 30c or 35c so i am a bit worried if i will buy a very expensive phone without being able to use the camera. so this was already fixed or is hardware problem?

Same here, want to know before waste my "Dilmas".
29th June 2014, 02:31 AM |#4  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 2,025

Donate to Me
More
In newer models yes

Sony also tried to fix on the firmware side so old model devices have less heat

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th June 2014, 01:49 PM |#5  
Millbury, OH
Thanks Meter: 755

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

In newer models yes

Sony also tried to fix on the firmware side so old model devices have less heat

Mine is from batch 14w22 which I believe is a newer build and I've gotten a shutdown notice due to heat and I was only using 1080p. I was using the filters effect which was probably resource taxing.

Update, I am on firmware 402. I believe there is an update called 438 out now or soon.

Last edited by ZPaul2Fresh8; 29th June 2014 at 01:53 PM.
29th June 2014, 08:17 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPaul2Fresh8

Mine is from batch 14w22 which I believe is a newer build and I've gotten a shutdown notice due to heat and I was only using 1080p. I was using the filters effect which was probably resource taxing.

Update, I am on firmware 402. I believe there is an update called 438 out now or soon.

I'm also interested in this I live in a hot Country, where did you get your z2?
29th June 2014, 08:21 PM |#7  
Millbury, OH
Thanks Meter: 755

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tel033

I'm also interested in this I live in a hot Country, where did you get your z2?

EBay seller never-msrp. Overall I'm very happy with the device. I don't see me having an overhearing problem while normal point and shooting.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z2.
The Following User Says Thank You to ZPaul2Fresh8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2014, 08:01 PM |#8  
Flag Manaus
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Angry Freeze overheat control service
I live in a very hot city, and it's almost impossible to use AR effects. 4k video at least works for a couple of minutes, but AR effects closes as soon as I try to use it due to camera overheating. I was wondering if the temperature service was disabled... If this issue would be solved. So I froze the overheating control service using titanium backup ( Overheat control - com.sonyericsson.psm.sysmonservice). And it worked! My camera stopped to force closing due to overheating. I think it's a software problem, the temperature level trigger to shut down the camera must be have settled too low,, if the phone was too hot, it should turn it off entirely, not just the camera. Well... My camera is working fine now. But I think this is not a safe solution. I guess if for some reason my Z2 get really hot, with overheating control disabled, it would not be powered off to prevent damage and my phone would be toasted. But I think there will be no trouble to freeze overheating control before using camera and activate it later... That's really annoying, but it's better than lose a moment cause your camera refuses to work due to supposed overheat.

*just to remember... In order to freeze overheat control service you need to be rooted

SONY Xperia Z2 D6543 4.4.2. 17.1.2.A.0.314 stock ROM rooted
21st August 2014, 11:07 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 119

More
I have downclocked z2 with mpdecision and multicore powersave. No overheating issues during 4k recording.

Wysłane z mojego D6503 przy użyciu Tapatalka
22nd August 2014, 07:57 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I just got my Z2; Ambient temp around 22c; had to really work it to get a thermal shutdown; switching from multi burst camera to 4k to generate the heat. It was the stupid CGI Dinosaur nonsense that did it in the end. I can't see it being an issue with normal point and shoot.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread