Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Wifi woes

OP Bazooka Tooth

18th August 2014, 09:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

57 posts
Hey guys I need some help with my Z2, I've had wifi issues on my phone for a while now with it constantly getting low speeds and random disconnects even when showing 2 or 3 bars of signal. I've tried it on multiple routers on multiple providers and the results have been the same, I've tried editing the router settings including changing the channels, the ghz from 2.4 to 5 and changing the security from wpa to wpa2. I never use stamina mode, or minimize battery usage on battery saving feature when using wifi so it's not that. I've tried factory resetting the phone and using the pc companion to reinstall the software version and that made no difference, I've even sent it back to Sony repair twice, the first time they factory reset the device which was pointless as I'd already done that myself and the second time they swapped out the wifi card and it was ok for a few hours but it soon started slowing down again, I spoke to a Sony rep today and he booked it in for repair again but I'm worried they're just going to fob it off again. He did say that one of my apps may be corrupt but again I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with them or any unusual behavior with the phone apart from the wifi, not sure if there's a way I can find if any of my apps are corrupt apart from factory resetting the device and not installing any new ones for a couple of days but even that wouldn't pinpoint which one if any were corrupted. I would just send it back to Sony but at this point I'm not sure whether they can actually find out what it is and I don't want them to just keep sending me the same broken phone back. Anyone have any idea what the issue could be or what i should do so I can stop pulling my hair out and actually start enjoying this device? Thanks for any help in advance
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread