Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

[Q] Xperia Z2 Doesn't work with Apple Earpods

OP Fernanda8175

11th August 2014, 10:03 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 17

253 posts
More
By default (I think) the sound settings are set to the Sony noise cancelling headphones. Try changing the settings in Settings/Sound/Accessories.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
11th August 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 87

474 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

Xperia Z2 is the only Device To have a 5 pin audio port
Sonys Noise Canceling Earphones are the only noise canceling headphones

Well that's a bs statement right there, shure have been doing noise cancelling earphones for years...
11th August 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,045

2,571 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.R™

Well that's a bs statement right there, shure have been doing noise cancelling earphones for years...

ok then,i think ill google more now
instead of listening to what "Sony Xperia Team 6 Developer" says

edit- lol just realised there is missing text, exuse my typo
edit2- found plenty of 5 conductor audio devices (profetional use apears)
edit3-Seems Noise Canceling headsets Like Xperia Z2 NC are not so hard to find
Last edited by Envious_Data; 11th August 2014 at 02:53 PM.
11th August 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #14  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal11in

You should look for attachment which can make 5 pin to 3 pin.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

I Live in Brazil, and here we have 6543 Z2 Model. Here Z2 has Digital TV and came with attachment for antenna, who has a audio adapter. Might be Apple Earpods with this adapter works, but I need to wait my Z2 arrive. I Bought in Sony official store here in Brazil.

The antenna adapter here in Brazil :
Z2 Brazil Antenna

Quote:

no such thing exists yet i do believe
edit they do exist saw some on some electronics site, not sure if its fake or what, site is located in india, tamil naddu

note to all
anyway ive found out that apple earphones not working is actualy caused by a lack of listed device types (something to do with some configs n stuff in /etc) < i think i saw some samsung mods to add compatability
(would be nice for Xperia Z2, i found my Old Xperia Headphones dont work yet they are xperia)

This problem is so strange, when I went to store last weekend, I didn't know about function of NC headset, and now I need to wait my Z2 arrive. I hope that Z2 Brazillian antenna adapter might be a ''solution'' and my Apple earpods.
18th August 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernanda8175

I Live in Brazil, and here we have 6543 Z2 Model. Here Z2 has Digital TV and came with attachment for antenna, who has a audio adapter. Might be Apple Earpods with this adapter works, but I need to wait my Z2 arrive. I Bought in Sony official store here in Brazil.

The antenna adapter here in Brazil :
Z2 Brazil Antenna

This problem is so strange, when I went to store last weekend, I didn't know about function of NC headset, and now I need to wait my Z2 arrive. I hope that Z2 Brazillian antenna adapter might be a ''solution'' and my Apple earpods.

Guys, I have some news!!

I bought my Xperia Z2 in Sony Store here in Brazil and last friday Sony has delivered my Z2. I thought I wouldn't like Xperia, but I've liked so much!! But, let's talk about earpods!!

My Apple Earpods doesn't worked, like I expected, and I used the original inbox earpods for one day. Last month I bought a new Apple Earpods, because my has broken the mic, and he was delivered last week as well. So, I opened the new earpods and I tried on Z2 and he worked! It's so strange, but the new earpods worked!!
Might be the differences between broken mic, I don't know, but now i'm using my new Apple earpods usually, even after update .314.

I Will buy STH30 in USA as well, might be that I Will use him!

I Now, this is so strange, about the Apple earpods, but now I'm so happy with my Apple earpods has worked!!
19th August 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #16  
Flag Aachen

7 posts
More
Quote:

no such thing exists yet i do believe
edit they do exist saw some on some electronics site, not sure if its fake or what, site is located in india, tamil naddu

note to all
anyway ive found out that apple earphones not working is actualy caused by a lack of listed device types (something to do with some configs n stuff in /etc) < i think i saw some samsung mods to add compatability
(would be nice for Xperia Z2, i found my Old Xperia Headphones dont work yet they are xperia)

The old Xperia devices (Xperia 2011 product line) used to have a diffrent audio jack standards (something with ctia), so they only work with the 2011 Xperia handsets.

My apple earpods work flawless with my Z2, but only the mic and the media button works (thats a normal because the 3 button headphones are apple exclusive because of some stupid apple patents).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread