Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,804 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Xperia Z2 - Installing APP's to SD Card?

Tip us?

Panda_Pat
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Xperia Z2 - Installing APP's to SD Card?

Hello, I've recently moved on from iOS and embraced android with the Sony Xperia Z2. I've unlocked the boot loader and successfully rooted the device and everything is A-OKAY. However, no matter what I do, I cannot install APK's to the SD card at all. When I switch installer default location to SD card, everytime, I receive the error "Cannot Install XXX Because there is no free space". When I revert to internal, everything works. I'm not sure whether what I'm trying to do is possible, if so please inform me. Anyways, here are the steps I've completed already (all of which did nothing, I'm afraid).

1. Installed and Used, SDFIX from GPlay store (Success message)
2. Edited platform.xml in systems/permissions/ to include new permissions (no change what soever)
3. Formatted the SD card, there and back again, from fat32 to exfat (no change whatsoever)

Apologies for the long message but I am truly at my wits end. All I want to naturally install apps directly on my SD card. I'm new to the world of Android so please be patient.

Edit: Currently attempting the Foldermount option

Envious_Data
Old
Thanks Meter 667
Try xposed installer and xposed module handle external storage

It alows read and write to your external sdcard

This may possibly solve your problem

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Devices:
Sony Xperia Z2

Roms:
Envi-Rom Z2/S

NetSkill
Old
Thanks Meter 181
Google disabled sd card write permission for third party apps like foldermount..
You already rooted phone great! Now use this app its very simple to do https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=nextapp.sdfix
Once you got it install link2sd and you are ready to go
Previous Device Xperia Z // Actual Device Xperia Z2 Black - 402FW - Rooted - Locked BL