Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Z2 and CM11,battery life

OP istrikerx

27th August 2014, 12:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24

110 posts
I'm seriously contemplating selling my buggy creaky note 3 and dropping down to a z2. Problem is I'm a cm addict. I know they recently started supporting the z2,and as it has the same size batter as the note 3 but with a smaller screen, I should expect similar or better battery life right?

Other alternative is just to run a custom launcher, but I've invested so much in cm11 themes that it'd be throwing money away. Don't really care much for camera features or stamina mode.

Any insight would be appreciated. I'd also expect it to be quite unstable on the device due to only 1 stable build currently being available.
27th August 2014, 01:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 99

513 posts
More
There's about 10 builds, all stable, battery life is excellent, pair that with deep sleep battery saver, greenify and the new custom cm kernel that's just been released and your on to a winner
27th August 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Rô

There's about 10 builds, all stable, battery life is excellent, pair that with deep sleep battery saver, greenify and the new custom cm kernel that's just been released and your on to a winner

I've never really felt the need for greenify, but had no idea about the custom cm kernel! Thanks for the info, will check it out right away.
27th August 2014, 02:22 PM   |  #4  
Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 64

232 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by istrikerx

I've never really felt the need for greenify, but had no idea about the custom cm kernel! Thanks for the info, will check it out right away.

Ya even I saw that kernel yesterday, M5 or something, looking forward to install it this weekend
30th August 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 72

323 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.R™

You should not be needing anything like a "deep sleep battery save" or greenify on a clean and stable system, period.
30th August 2014, 08:47 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi.

You should not be needing anything like a "deep sleep battery save" or greenify on a clean and stable system, period.

Yup. I've only even had 1 battery saving app and that was on my ancient s2. Every phone since seep sleeps 99% of the time with Google spyware services turned off.
30th August 2014, 11:43 AM   |  #7  

513 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi.

So what, you expect people not to install anything on their phones, I should just leave my phone clean shall I? No quip to sync notes between me and my business partner, no email to reply to customers, no kik to talk to my girl, no feeds to catch up on the news, no games to play when I'm waiting or traveling, no music player to listen to music on a 15+ mile ride?

There is every need for apps like greenify and ds battery saver amongst the many others out there, it's much more convenient then disabling everything, or having to manually check and ending up missing something important because it slips your mind. Admittedly I've not used ds battery saver just greenify in a while but thats not the point.
If there was no need for them they wouldn't bloody exist in the first place would they so get off your high horse and move on from your delusions.
Last edited by Mr.Rô; 30th August 2014 at 11:45 AM.
31st August 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 12

164 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Rô

So what, you expect people not to install anything on their phones, I should just leave my phone clean shall I? No quip to sync notes between me and my business partner, no email to reply to customers, no kik to talk to my girl, no feeds to catch up on the news, no games to play when I'm waiting or traveling, no music player to listen to music on a 15+ mile ride?

There is every need for apps like greenify and ds battery saver amongst the many others out there, it's much more convenient then disabling everything, or having to manually check and ending up missing something important because it slips your mind. Admittedly I've not used ds battery saver just greenify in a while but thats not the point.
If there was no need for them they wouldn't bloody exist in the first place would they so get off your high horse and move on from your delusions.

I've heard that his horse is Hasufel or Arod.
31st August 2014, 03:32 PM   |  #9  

513 posts
More
Haha I'd be more impressed if it was blinky :P

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread