Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,470 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] Z2 cannot install ADB driver

Tip us?

GalosSide
Old
(Last edited by GalosSide; 1st August 2014 at 08:35 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [SOLVED] Z2 cannot install ADB driver

Two days ago I tried to use Easy Root ToolV11 to root my device that's running 14.1.1.A.0.402 Model D6503, it said "waiting for device".
I looked something up a bit and tried to install ADB driver, but nothing shown up in my detected ANDROID device list even though it was already plugged in to my PC.
I also tried to set up ADB PATH by following a tutorial in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559009 but it didn't work.
In my device manager my device is under "portable devices" instead "android devices"

I also tried towelroot on my phone. It said that my phone is rooted, but root checker said "This device does not have proper root access"

Ps. usb debugging mode and unknown sources are enabled

edit:
The driver that was install for my device is from microsoft. (see pictures below)

I uninstalled the driver and it was reinstall again every time i plugged my device in. I tried to update the driver, but it said that my driver is already up to date.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	z2 driver.png
Views:	42
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	2878164   Click image for larger version

Name:	z2 driver - 2.png
Views:	36
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	2878165   Click image for larger version

Name:	z2 driver - 3.png
Views:	33
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	2878166  

cpumaster
Old
Thanks Meter 161

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalosSide View Post
Two days ago I tried to use Easy Root ToolV11 to root my device that's running 14.1.1.A.0.402 Model D6503, it said "waiting for device".
I looked something up a bit and tried to install ADB driver, but nothing shown up in my detected ANDROID device list even though it was already plugged in to my PC.
I also tried to set up ADB PATH by following a tutorial in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2559009 but it didn't work.
In my device manager my device is under "portable devices" instead "android devices"

I also tried towelroot on my phone. It said that my phone is rooted, but root checker said "This device does not have proper root access"

Ps. usb debugging mode and unknown sources are enabled
Are you using Windows 8?

SONY Xperia V: AOKP KK4.4.2 Xperia X10i: Slimbean for Xperia X10 v 4.0 **~ Kickass Edition ~**
SAMSUNG SGS5: Stock SGS3 Mini: Stock SGS2: POUND ROM [KK 4.4]

GalosSide
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpumaster View Post
Are you using Windows 8?
im using windows 7 sp1

also I just realize that i cannot use Sony PC Companion to do anything with my device it said that internet connection is required, but I am already connected.

hush66
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Not sure but perhaps the drivers were not correctly installed. Try this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635830

GalosSide
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hush66 View Post
Not sure but perhaps the drivers were not correctly installed. Try this?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2635830
I'm still getting the same problem with the driver install.

I think i know what the problem is right now. The driver that was install for my device is from microsoft. (see pictures below)

I uninstalled the driver and it was reinstall again every time i plugged my device in. I tried to update the driver, but it said that my driver is already up to date.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	z2 driver.png
Views:	27
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	2878135   Click image for larger version

Name:	z2 driver - 2.png
Views:	23
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	2878136   Click image for larger version

Name:	z2 driver - 3.png
Views:	22
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	2878137  

hush66
Old
Thanks Meter 384
Well, I just plugged in my Z2 to my PC and checked the driver details and it's exactly the same as yours. So it might not be an issue with the driver after all.

You mentioned that you have already done the ADB setup but it didn't work. When you said "it didn't work", do you mean the ADB couldn't be setup, or did you mean you still got the "waiting for device" message? To check if your ADB has been setup properly, go into the command prompt and type adb devices. You should see a serial number (of your phone) as the response.

And you should also have had the fastboot drivers installed. Use this tool to install fastboot drivers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979
The Following User Says Thank You to hush66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GalosSide
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hush66 View Post
Well, I just plugged in my Z2 to my PC and checked the driver details and it's exactly the same as yours. So it might not be an issue with the driver after all.

You mentioned that you have already done the ADB setup but it didn't work. When you said "it didn't work", do you mean the ADB couldn't be setup, or did you mean you still got the "waiting for device" message? To check if your ADB has been setup properly, go into the command prompt and type adb devices. You should see a serial number (of your phone) as the response.

And you should also have had the fastboot drivers installed. Use this tool to install fastboot drivers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2588979
Finally it work!!!!

I'm rooting right now and it's stuck at cleaning up......what do i do now

Frantiic87a
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalosSide View Post
Finally it work!!!!

I'm rooting right now and it's stuck at cleaning up......what do i do now
restart the install.bat file.. happens from time to time that it get stuck on cleaning up.

Check the official thread about Easy Root and you'll see loads of people had the same problem.

Just re-run the program and it will work.
"One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."

Device: Sony Xperia Z2 D6503
ROM: Stock [.314]
ROOT: Si Señor
The Following User Says Thank You to Frantiic87a For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GalosSide
Old
(Last edited by GalosSide; 1st August 2014 at 08:34 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frantiic87a View Post
restart the install.bat file.. happens from time to time that it get stuck on cleaning up.

Check the official thread about Easy Root and you'll see loads of people had the same problem.

Just re-run the program and it will work.

I did and it said "insmod: init_module '/data/local/tmp/wp_mod.ko' failed (File exists)"

edit:
I restart my phone and root again. It's finally rooted.

Thank you every one for helping me.

u1988
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Thank you!