Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,650 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any Z2 ROMS with working camera?

Tip us?

roastedpete
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Any Z2 ROMS with working camera?

So I have been browsing the ROMs for my Z2, as I wish to do all sorts of wonderful things with it, now that it is rooted. However, all the ROMs I am seeing for the Z2 are all CM11 based, and seem to have a dysfunctional camera. Are there any 4.4 ROMs for the z2 that have a working camera?

Envious_Data
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 867

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastedpete View Post
So I have been browsing the ROMs for my Z2, as I wish to do all sorts of wonderful things with it, now that it is rooted. However, all the ROMs I am seeing for the Z2 are all CM11 based, and seem to have a dysfunctional camera. Are there any 4.4 ROMs for the z2 that have a working camera?
all of the Z2 roms are 4.4
and only aokp, cm11s, cm11 are cm11 based, aosp and few others are not based on cm11
all cm11 based roms are based on nightly roms as the cm11 nightlys repeatedly have the same issue, which of corse is getting that anoying camera to work

and stock based roms have a working camera for obvious reasons

Hi there

"Music Makes me forget the traumas that plague my mind. Music is the cure to a normaly unfixable problem"
-Nozomi Yamauchi

http://envious.host-my-rom.eu/
Credits to zantekk for the WebSpace

Deviant Art page
http://enviousdata.deviantart.com/
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sodaboy581
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I'm currently using the CM11 M9 snapshot on my Xperia Z2 and my camera works fine.

roastedpete
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data View Post
all of the Z2 roms are 4.4
and only aokp, cm11s, cm11 are cm11 based, aosp and few others are not based on cm11
all cm11 based roms are based on nightly roms as the cm11 nightlys repeatedly have the same issue, which of corse is getting that anoying camera to work

and stock based roms have a working camera for obvious reasons
Thanks, I will check out some ASOP roms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaboy581 View Post
I'm currently using the CM11 M9 snapshot on my Xperia Z2 and my camera works fine.
Hrmmm, i see... I will keep that in mind. Question though, does the camera shoot at 21mp, or does it shoot natively at the lower res settings?

thehaman
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Does the camera stabilization still work on non-stock cameras?

Riyge
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaboy581 View Post
Found any bugs/things that don't work completely? I was thinking of installing it but since there is no stable release yet I'm a bit scared to do it.

sodaboy581
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastedpete View Post
Hrmmm, i see... I will keep that in mind. Question though, does the camera shoot at 21mp, or does it shoot natively at the lower res settings?
It's customizable through the Google Camera software. Options I have are:

Quote:
(4:3) 20.7 megapixels
(4:3) 18.7 megapixels
(4:3) 8.0 megapixels
(16:9) 8.3 megapixels
(16:9) 2.1 megapixels

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyge View Post
Found any bugs/things that don't work completely? I was thinking of installing it but since there is no stable release yet I'm a bit scared to do it.
M9 is a Milestone release which the CM team deems as a stable release and I've had no problems at all with it.