Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Any Z2 ROMS with working camera?

OP roastedpete

17th August 2014, 11:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
So I have been browsing the ROMs for my Z2, as I wish to do all sorts of wonderful things with it, now that it is rooted. However, all the ROMs I am seeing for the Z2 are all CM11 based, and seem to have a dysfunctional camera. Are there any 4.4 ROMs for the z2 that have a working camera?
17th August 2014, 11:46 AM   |  #2  
Envious_Data's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,446
 
3,309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastedpete

So I have been browsing the ROMs for my Z2, as I wish to do all sorts of wonderful things with it, now that it is rooted. However, all the ROMs I am seeing for the Z2 are all CM11 based, and seem to have a dysfunctional camera. Are there any 4.4 ROMs for the z2 that have a working camera?

all of the Z2 roms are 4.4
and only aokp, cm11s, cm11 are cm11 based, aosp and few others are not based on cm11
all cm11 based roms are based on nightly roms as the cm11 nightlys repeatedly have the same issue, which of corse is getting that anoying camera to work

and stock based roms have a working camera for obvious reasons
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #3  
sodaboy581's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
135 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
I'm currently using the CM11 M9 snapshot on my Xperia Z2 and my camera works fine.
18th August 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data

all of the Z2 roms are 4.4
and only aokp, cm11s, cm11 are cm11 based, aosp and few others are not based on cm11
all cm11 based roms are based on nightly roms as the cm11 nightlys repeatedly have the same issue, which of corse is getting that anoying camera to work

and stock based roms have a working camera for obvious reasons

Thanks, I will check out some ASOP roms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaboy581

I'm currently using the CM11 M9 snapshot on my Xperia Z2 and my camera works fine.

Hrmmm, i see... I will keep that in mind. Question though, does the camera shoot at 21mp, or does it shoot natively at the lower res settings?
18th August 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
39 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Does the camera stabilization still work on non-stock cameras?
18th August 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #6  
Riyge's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Haaksbergen
Thanks Meter: 22
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodaboy581

I'm currently using the CM11 M9 snapshot on my Xperia Z2 and my camera works fine.

Found any bugs/things that don't work completely? I was thinking of installing it but since there is no stable release yet I'm a bit scared to do it.
18th August 2014, 06:17 PM   |  #7  
sodaboy581's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
135 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastedpete

Hrmmm, i see... I will keep that in mind. Question though, does the camera shoot at 21mp, or does it shoot natively at the lower res settings?

It's customizable through the Google Camera software. Options I have are:

Quote:

(4:3) 20.7 megapixels
(4:3) 18.7 megapixels
(4:3) 8.0 megapixels
(16:9) 8.3 megapixels
(16:9) 2.1 megapixels



---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyge

Found any bugs/things that don't work completely? I was thinking of installing it but since there is no stable release yet I'm a bit scared to do it.

M9 is a Milestone release which the CM team deems as a stable release and I've had no problems at all with it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes