Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,448 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Z2 sound problems/Root benefits

Tip us?

Geiger's
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Z2 sound problems/Root benefits

Hello buddies!
Well, my Xperia z2 is the Brazilian version(d6543) with the firmware 17.1.A.2.55, and I got a problem in the speakers.

Sometimes, music only plays on the top speaker, I noticed that after hearing a whatsapp audio recorder. And sometimes also it goes only to the top speaker when I receive a notification or when I press the "hardware buttons" (home, back and the other ). And sometimes notifications and hardware buttons sound only plays trough the top speaker.
And this really annoy me, there is a way to solve this?

Plus, which are the benefits, the problems and why I should root my z2? Will I loose something? And about that drm and the TA files? I still don't get what I should do with them.

Cheers.

Envious_Data
Old
Thanks Meter 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geiger's View Post
Hello buddies!
Well, my Xperia z2 is the Brazilian version(d6543) with the firmware 17.1.A.2.55, and I got a problem in the speakers.

Sometimes, music only plays on the top speaker, I noticed that after hearing a whatsapp audio recorder. And sometimes also it goes only to the top speaker when I receive a notification or when I press the "hardware buttons" (home, back and the other ). And sometimes notifications and hardware buttons sound only plays trough the top speaker.
And this really annoy me, there is a way to solve this?

Plus, which are the benefits, the problems and why I should root my z2? Will I loose something? And about that drm and the TA files? I still don't get what I should do with them.

Cheers.
55 firmware is very buggy try updating to a new FW

Rooting- an android phone has user access which means your limited to user, no system no root access, rooting alows root access meaning %100 controll of your system from inside your phone, this alows alot of modifacation, and controll of stuff such as processor clock and stuff like that

The drawbacks is it is potentialy unsafe as you can damage your phone from it

Unlocking your bootloader wipes your TA which your TA contains useful UNIQUE things about your device such as DRM KEYS

You can root your device and backup your TA, you can find what you need in the development sections

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Devices:
Sony Xperia Z2

Roms:
Envi-Rom Z2/S
The Following User Says Thank You to Envious_Data For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Geiger's
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious_Data View Post
55 firmware is very buggy try updating to a new FW

Rooting- an android phone has user access which means your limited to user, no system no root access, rooting alows root access meaning %100 controll of your system from inside your phone, this alows alot of modifacation, and controll of stuff such as processor clock and stuff like that

The drawbacks is it is potentialy unsafe as you can damage your phone from it

Unlocking your bootloader wipes your TA which your TA contains useful UNIQUE things about your device such as DRM KEYS

You can root your device and backup your TA, you can find what you need in the development sections

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks dude, I'll find a way then.