Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 51,602 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Z2 won't turn on after being submerged into 1m pool

Tip us?

malkhorsan1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Z2 won't turn on after being submerged into 1m pool

Basically, i have a swimming pool at starts with 1m and ends with 4m. i was in the 1m and my phone slipped while i was talking. i took it out, dried it and it worked fine. after about 3 hours it decided to switch off. when i put it in the charge it will only show the sony logo.i pressed and held the on button and + volume and on button and - volume, both for 30 seconds, but it won't start. it only vibrates 3 times and shows the sony logo than switches off.

I have a Sony Xperia Z2 that i bought on 17th july 2014 and it malfunctioned on 20th july 2014. only had it for 3 days

what do i do? help please

HaroonZ2
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkhorsan1 View Post
Basically, i have a swimming pool at starts with 1m and ends with 4m. i was in the 1m and my phone slipped while i was talking. i took it out, dried it and it worked fine. after about 3 hours it decided to switch off. when i put it in the charge it will only show the sony logo.i pressed and held the on button and + volume and on button and - volume, both for 30 seconds, but it won't start. it only vibrates 3 times and shows the sony logo than switches off.

I have a Sony Xperia Z2 that i bought on 17th july 2014 and it malfunctioned on 20th july 2014. only had it for 3 days

what do i do? help please
The

The Z2 smartphone is waterproof. You can take it In a 1m length pool for 30 minutes.
By my understanding from your post I belive the phone should work fine.
You should send it back to sony after getting the appropriate details on how to return the phone. As sony have been replacing many phones due to odd but common problems that the phone is guaranteed to not have.

These disappointing problems for Z2 users are being investigated. (I read an article on the sony website and sony are replacing phones)

I hope it works out for you.
All the best, Haroon.

iArvee
Old
Thanks Meter 7
And you are positive that the flaps were closed, right?

malkhorsan1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iArvee View Post
And you are positive that the flaps were closed, right?

Yeah i am 100% sure that the flaps were closed

malkhorsan1
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroonZ2 View Post
The

The Z2 smartphone is waterproof. You can take it In a 1m length pool for 30 minutes.
By my understanding from your post I belive the phone should work fine.
You should send it back to sony after getting the appropriate details on how to return the phone. As sony have been replacing many phones due to odd but common problems that the phone is guaranteed to not have.

These disappointing problems for Z2 users are being investigated. (I read an article on the sony website and sony are replacing phones)

I hope it works out for you.
All the best, Haroon.

Can you please show me where the page is? i want to read it

farfromovin
Old
Thanks Meter 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkhorsan1 View Post
Can you please show me where the page is? i want to read it
Yeah me too. I had a similar problem with water resistance failing and I'm fighting an Amazon seller for a refund.
Tmobile Note 2- powered by XDA magic.