Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,117 Members 46,963 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

(Z2) Javelin Browser - AdBlock, KitKat Transparency, Multi-Windows, Reading mode

Tip us?

mgolder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119
Default (Z2) Javelin Browser - AdBlock, KitKat Transparency, Multi-Windows, Reading mode

Javelin was launched less than 2 months back. And now, I (dev - Stephen Goh) am putting extra effort in making it work perfect on the Z2.

I think, Javelin browser is the best browser for Z2 (and basically all top Android devices) over Chrome or any other browsers, for the following 3 reasons.

A - MULTI-TASK truly with Javelin Stack.
AKA Link-Bubble functionality. Javelin Stack allows you to Open links in other apps and view in without switching back and forth to the full browser.

B - BLOCK annoying ads
Native ad-block means faster load speeds, use less data.

C - KITKAT TRANSPARENCY
Javelin is the ONLY browser that makes full use of KitKat's transparent status and navigation bars so you can view the entire website on your screen.

Other Javelin features:
  • 1-touch navigation gestures
  • Built-in VPN
  • Uses AOSP WebView
  • Reading mode

DOWNLOAD JAVELIN BROWSER: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lacorp.javelin
JOIN COMMUNITY (for beta releases): https://plus.google.com/communities/...12179443137104

(How Javelin Stack works)

(Javelin Browser)

------------------

What do you think?

Feel free to reply to the thread on your feedback and if there are any issues on Z2, so the dev can make Javelin Browser better for current Z2 owners
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mgolder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

funky0308
Old
(Last edited by funky0308; 5th July 2014 at 08:50 PM.)
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4921

DONATE TO ME
I know I'll definitely try this...
Even I have great xposed module for ad remove, it makes Tapatalk almost unusable...

Tnx for this...will report as soon as I try it.

Very nice UI...
I really hope Android L will look like this on Z2

There's one page (for now) www.24sata.hr that should redirect you to m.24sata.hr and it redirect me but text is not well formated.
It should be like this

But it's not, it's like this

Everything else is great...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

mgolder
Old
(Last edited by mgolder; 5th July 2014 at 08:57 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 119
I hope everything looks as good as what you were browsing

But, enjoy it, join the G+ Community and Beta as well. Dev and his Moderator are nice and active and responsive to issues too, which is good to see. I seem to recall a text reflow comment in the community. Could definitely be worth asking on there, but the dev may well pop by the threads on xda as well to offer help.

sfex3best
Old
Thanks Meter 26
This browser is very impressive. I'm beginning to love it. it's fast smooth and far then chrome or firefox. The transparent navigation bar is brilliant and it even hides the status bar. Fantastic work.

One thing I must ask is though. Is it possible to support flash? I know flash is out dated now but it still comes in use sometimes.

Thanks for showing me this browser. Keep up the awesome work.

royukp1
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Enjoying this browser so far, keep up the good work.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ramordep
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I really like this browser however its not as fluid as chrome and i am encountering freezes on some sites.. The UI though looks very good and i really like the full screen transparency. If i may suggest, can you improve the recent tab navigation same way with chrome's implementation?

David T 19
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I like the look and feel of the browser.

I've upgraded to pro cause I can see myself liking this browser a lot.

Tags
browser, javelin, security, xperia z2