Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Replaced Battery twice...strange behavior

OP cwoodffr

31st July 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

78 posts
I ordered a new OEM battery. Replaced the original. The phone charges normally to 100%, but during use it gets to 20% and shuts off due to low power. Just shuts down. You have to plug it in for about 5 mins before you can even turn it on again. when it comes on it is at 1%. I went back to the provider and complained that he sent me a bum battery....they sent me another....same issue! So I think its a calibration problem.

Anyone have ideas?
31st July 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

83 posts
where did you buy the battery ?.... sounds like a knockoff battery problem
1st August 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #3  
Flag Denpasar
Thanks Meter: 51

453 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoodffr

I ordered a new OEM battery. Replaced the original. The phone charges normally to 100%, but during use it gets to 20% and shuts off due to low power. Just shuts down. You have to plug it in for about 5 mins before you can even turn it on again. when it comes on it is at 1%. I went back to the provider and complained that he sent me a bum battery....they sent me another....same issue! So I think its a calibration problem.

Anyone have ideas?

Well, did u try to recalibrate it?
1st August 2014, 04:01 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted_01 R

where did you buy the battery ?.... sounds like a knockoff battery problem

I don't think its a knock off. Vendor has also been great in replacing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-Original...:X:RTQ:US:1123
1st August 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

78 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreIrawan97

Well, did u try to recalibrate it?

The only reference I can find to xperia battery recalibration are steps that are for versions with removable batteries or steps that don't work on the ZL (one set of actions including holding the power button and up volume for 10 secs where there is no response from the phone)

Do you know of any process for ZL that is not root required?
1st August 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #6  
Flag Denpasar
Thanks Meter: 51

453 posts
More
Quote:

The only reference I can find to xperia battery recalibration are steps that are for versions with removable batteries or steps that don't work on the ZL (one set of actions including holding the power button and up volume for 10 secs where there is no response from the phone)

Do you know of any process for ZL that is not root required?

Have u try to use an app called "Battery Calibration" or something like that?
U need root to do it
1st August 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 11

69 posts
I bought this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Internal-Li-...:eek:C:US:3160

Used for 2 weeks. It works as original so far.
2nd August 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 12

83 posts
These 100% OEM batteries you see selling on Ebay are 99.9% fake.... its luck if you get them to work and if you do, be glad if you get more than a month out of it.... Get a proper battery from Sony... Ebay is good for a lot of things.... batteries are not one of those things, been there done that lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Boosted_01 R For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd August 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #9  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 127

710 posts
More
Quote:

Anyone have ideas?

i have the same problem as yours,100% same but it happened to me after installing custom rom on android 4.3..
battery jump from 20% to 0% immediately.. with no mercy, phone shuts off at any cost and start again at 1% after turned on and charged.
i still use the original battery (not replaced it yet) and in battery health test said it's good, no need to replace it.
now i'm trying to find the fix by myself.. maybe i have messed up something with my phone..
3rd August 2014, 09:39 PM   |  #10  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 127

710 posts
More
Here's an update of my device..
Finally, no need to wait for 20% or below to shuts off..
This problem become more critical to my device, somebody help me!

Name:  1407094699207.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  35.9 KB

The right side of the graph show battery drops immediately from 50% to 0%.. No Mercy

Sent from my C6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread