Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,529 Members 40,306 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kitkat OTA for india rolling out.

Tip us?

Kotin89
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thumbs up Updated to Kitkat using SUS.

Hi Guys I finally decided to give kitkat update a shot.
I Updated mine via SUS.

This is what I feel after updating .
1) If you do a clean wipe and install a "Google services 5 version" there wont be any Google services hogging up battery for sure .

2) I agree with the fact that setting menu lags while scrolling , by changing setting under developer option (using "force GPU rendering") issue was reduced to 90 percent at least .

3) I still need to monitor battery life as of now its going good.

4) There is lag in conversation and keyboard , any suggestion on how to resolve this will be appreciated fellas .

Oliver94
Old
(Last edited by Oliver94; 5th July 2014 at 05:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Any way to root this new ver?

Edit: This one worked for me http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783750

Kotin89
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Google services 5.0 and still a occurance of battery drain ?

Hi fellas , battery backup on my ZL was great until today morning i woke up to see that it has dropped by 40% without doing nothing , and the culprit again here is Mr.Google play services.
I am not sure as to why it took almost a week for the issue to surface , but it did .

As of now i have downloaded App quarantine and disabled Google play services and battery backup is again back to normal (in fact pretty good) but, it feels like my phone is crippled with functionality

But I am still Wondering why my friends S4 running same version of KK and same version of Google play services dose not has a problem but mine does.

Whom should we blame here Google ? or Sony ?

anagramgenius
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotin89 View Post
Hi fellas , battery backup on my ZL was great until today morning i woke up to see that it has dropped by 40% without doing nothing , and the culprit again here is Mr.Google play services.
I am not sure as to why it took almost a week for the issue to surface , but it did .

As of now i have downloaded App quarantine and disabled Google play services and battery backup is again back to normal (in fact pretty good) but, it feels like my phone is crippled with functionality

But I am still Wondering why my friends S4 running same version of KK and same version of Google play services dose not has a problem but mine does.

Whom should we blame here Google ? or Sony ?
Google play services is not at all a problem. The problem is with sony. Google play services never drained my phone's battery.
Xperia ZL