FORUMS

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

Official Android 5.1 coming to ZL/ZQ.

132 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By owlwood, Senior Member on 4th June 2015, 04:01 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Sony has confirmed this in their official blog. Gotta say I wasn't expecting to see it landing on our devices.
http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2015/06/...peria-m2-aqua/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to owlwood For This Useful Post: [ View ]

4th June 2015, 05:01 PM |#2  
Flag Blumenau
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Sony showing some real respect for it´s customers!
nice one!
4th June 2015, 05:35 PM |#3  
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 664

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by owlwood

Sony has confirmed this in their official blog. Gotta say I wasn't expecting to see it landing on our devices.

I recall it was already in the news some time ago, but don't think it was an official confirmation... Definitely nice to hear this!
4th June 2015, 08:04 PM |#4  
Flag Santo André
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Waiting....

lol...
4th June 2015, 08:39 PM |#5  
Flag Mexico City
Thanks Meter: 29

More
We waited months for 5.0 to get to our Xperias, and now the wait for 5.1 has begun
5th June 2015, 04:06 AM |#6  
Flag Jaipur
Thanks Meter: 101

More
sony is just awesome people!!!!
I love it even after 2 years.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Sony is the most awesome company i have come accross.
i am still in love with my 2year old phone
18th June 2015, 08:49 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
5.1 still has memory leak. Until Google has plugged all the memory leak, I won't take the update. Hopefully Sony still suppoorts the phone and sends us update when Google has finally fixed the memory leak.
30th June 2015, 07:04 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atisho

5.1 still has memory leak. Until Google has plugged all the memory leak, I won't take the update. Hopefully Sony still suppoorts the phone and sends us update when Google has finally fixed the memory leak.

Sources (link below) indicate that 5.1 actually resolves memory leak. I just got the C6506 and it was loaded with Stock Lollipop, but it was randomly rebooting itself. So i went back to 4.4.4 and i think it's flawless. I haven't had any issues with it. Hopefully 5.1 is a huge improvement over 5.0.2 and resolve the random reboot of the phone.

Source: http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news...devices-700091
30th June 2015, 07:36 PM |#9  
Flag YVR
Thanks Meter: 664

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elninoloco7

I just got the C6506 and it was loaded with Stock Lollipop, but it was randomly rebooting itself. So i went back to 4.4.4 and i think it's flawless. I haven't had any issues with it. Hopefully 5.1 is a huge improvement over 5.0.2 and resolve the random reboot of the phone.

FWIW, 5.0.2 on C6506 has been great for me. Full stock on locked BL, rooted and debloated, with XZDR and Xposed installed and set up with about a dozen of modules. The phone is very stable, and more responsive and fluid than on KK. No lag at all anywhere, no indications of any problems related to a memory leak, noticeably better battery life, great deep sleep. The only thing I can't comment on is gaming, as I don't play games, other than occasional sudoku or solitaire. Everything else is excellent. I understand that everyone's experience may be different, but so far, I am very happy with the latest LP update. Waiting for 5.1, whenever it may come...
The Following User Says Thank You to kt-Froggy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2015, 05:25 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
sweet, my biggest problem with 5.0 is the voicemail icon doesn't go away after reading voicemail... Have to restart phone...... Not a big deal, but can be irritating sometimes...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread