[Q] No way to turn off vibrate for apps?

Search This thread

dunderball

Jul 7, 2012
Not sure if this is an Android 4.1 and beyond problem, but with my phone on vibrate, I'm unable to disable vibration within Gmail and Facebook even though the vibration options are turned off within those apps. I'm on Android 4.3 now on my ZL.

Has anyone been able to reproduce this problem? It's pretty annoying that my phone needs to vibrate on every single notification. I'd much prefer it only vibrate on calls and sms/mms.

dunderball

Jul 7, 2012
Not sure if this is an Android 4.1 and beyond problem, but with my phone on vibrate, I'm unable to disable vibration within Gmail and Facebook even though the vibration options are turned off within those apps. I'm on Android 4.3 now on my ZL.

Has anyone been able to reproduce this problem? It's pretty annoying that my phone needs to vibrate on every single notification. I'd much prefer it only vibrate on calls and sms/mms.

After much research this looks like a general problem with Android 4.2 and beyond:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+CyanogenMod/posts/dHQ4XUFb9tM

Looks like the ONLY way to keep apps like Facebook and Gmail from vibrating is to make sure their notification ringtone is ALSO off.

Kind of ridiculous but it doesn't look like Google will be fixing this problem.