Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,518 Members 50,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Z ROM port

Tip us?
 
limafranco
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 105
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default [Q] Z ROM port

Hey guys, how can I make the Xperia Z ROMs work on ZL?
I guess it's not that different. Maybe something on boot.img or build prop
Tks
 
androidfreak70
Old
#2  
androidfreak70's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 419
Posts: 2,570
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: here!

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by limafranco View Post
Hey guys, how can I make the Xperia Z ROMs work on ZL?
I guess it's not that different. Maybe something on boot.img or build prop
Tks
Why Z ROMs? There is no difference

Tapatalk'd from my Xperia™Z (C6602) running Dirty Unicorns ROM!
THATS FROM MY XPERIA™ Z
RUNNING ROM
C6602
Android 4.4.4
Stock Omni kernel
Xposed modules

---------------------------------------------------
don't forget hit thanks if helped
-----------------------------------------------------
and ALWAYS QUOTE my posts if you replying to my post!
 
limafranco
Old
#3  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 105
Join Date: Jun 2012
Not really...

I see more ROM options on Z than ZL device.

One example: MIUI is almost up-to-date on Z and discontinued on ZL
 
androidfreak70
Old
#4  
androidfreak70's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 419
Posts: 2,570
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: here!

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by limafranco View Post
Not really...

I see more ROM options on Z than ZL device.

One example: MIUI is almost up-to-date on Z and discontinued on ZL
It's nearly impossible
Because the both devices are little different not the same
Get a Z

Tapatalk'd from my Xperia™Z (C6602) running Dirty Unicorns ROM!
THATS FROM MY XPERIA™ Z
RUNNING ROM
C6602
Android 4.4.4
Stock Omni kernel
Xposed modules

---------------------------------------------------
don't forget hit thanks if helped
-----------------------------------------------------
and ALWAYS QUOTE my posts if you replying to my post!
 
supaflyx3
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 20
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70 View Post
It's nearly impossible
Because the both devices are little different not the same
Get a Z

Tapatalk'd from my Xperia™Z (C6602) running Dirty Unicorns ROM!
Are you serious?
Stop offering bad advice.
 
androidfreak70
Old
#6  
androidfreak70's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 419
Posts: 2,570
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: here!

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Are you serious?
Stop offering bad advice.
Yep
I'm serious
The ROM ports not easy as APP ports

Ask a developer. Maybe I'm wrong

Tapatalked from my Xperia™Z with Dirty Unicorns ROM!
THATS FROM MY XPERIA™ Z
RUNNING ROM
C6602
Android 4.4.4
Stock Omni kernel
Xposed modules

---------------------------------------------------
don't forget hit thanks if helped
-----------------------------------------------------
and ALWAYS QUOTE my posts if you replying to my post!
 
limafranco
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 105
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70 View Post
Yep
I'm serious
The ROM ports not easy as APP ports

Ask a developer. Maybe I'm wrong

Tapatalked from my Xperia™Z with Dirty Unicorns ROM!
I dont know if it's too different like Samsung devices.

For example: When I had a Samsung Galaxy, I just needed to change some basic information on the build.prop, like device name/product name.

I was wondering what kind of info should I change to get this running.
 
DLSlith
Old
#8  
DLSlith's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 57
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mexico City
I used to flash Z ROMS on Locked Bootloader with no problems at all, just remember to flash Brightness Fix and ZL kernel again *BEFORE* restarting system, or else you will enter a bootloop with no recovery option and will have to flash official ZL FTF, root and reinstall recovery again to get another go.

Z ROMS flashed successfully:
eXistenZ 1.5.5 Ultimate
eXistenZ 7.0.0 Ultra
MIUI v5 (official MIUI ROM, though, not the ones posted here in XDA)

Sent from my C6503 using XDA Free mobile app
 
limafranco
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 105
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSlith View Post
I used to flash Z ROMS on Locked Bootloader with no problems at all, just remember to flash Brightness Fix and ZL kernel again *BEFORE* restarting system, or else you will enter a bootloop with no recovery option and will have to flash official ZL FTF, root and reinstall recovery again to get another go.

Z ROMS flashed successfully:
eXistenZ 1.5.5 Ultimate
eXistenZ 7.0.0 Ultra
MIUI v5 (official MIUI ROM, though, not the ones posted here in XDA)

Sent from my C6503 using XDA Free mobile app
That's what I'm talking about, mate.
Will try that until the weekend

Thanks
 
peekay2n
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 16
Posts: 78
Join Date: Sep 2010
little more difficult getting the aosp ROMs ported, I think.

I'd tried porting the KMA CM11 build to the ZL. though I managed to have it running, the screen always stayed on and at full brightness. I had done the steps that are part of this "brightness fix" which is known to work on stock based ROMs.

disclaimer: I'm a newbie and it's possible there was something additional to be done (which I wasn't aware of) while porting.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Android App Review: Control Your Phone with Quick Control Panel – XDA Developer TV

Your Android smart device has many features that you … more

Play Music on Android Wear with Stellio Music Player

Android Wear smartwatchesare growing inpopularity every day. Some devices have already … more

Schedule is up for xda:devcon ’14

With xda:devcon ’14 just around the corner, and the venue close to selling out, there is a lot … more

aLogcat Returns Thanks to XDA Love

The developers of Android, that is Google, gave users several great debugging tools that can be used in … more