FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Q] Baidu Folder on Stock 4.4.4

125 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,
Have you upgraded your Sony Xperia ZL Android to 4.4.4?
Do you have folder named "baidu" on your internal storage?
I have those folder on my internal storage, I flash the Android 4.4.4 through PC Companion I have try flash it several times but the "baidu" folder still exist, I did not see any new apps since upgraded from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 why there is now have baidu folder?
Which app that generate this folder?
 
 
12th September 2014, 06:08 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Did you factory reset/wipe your phone when updating? It might be from your old installs. I think I got such a folder when I installed ES File Explorer. I deleted it and it didn't come again.
12th September 2014, 11:56 PM |#3  
sturmtruppler's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 128
 
More
I got the same folder after updating to 4.4.4. Don't know where it came from. Deleted it, for now it didn't come back...
13th September 2014, 03:59 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Medan, North Sumatera, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 10
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho-punk

Did you factory reset/wipe your phone when updating? It might be from your old installs. I think I got such a folder when I installed ES File Explorer. I deleted it and it didn't come again.

Yes, I did factory reset when updating. Also trying "Repair my phone" which will wipe your data. But the folder still comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmtruppler

I got the same folder after updating to 4.4.4. Don't know where it came from. Deleted it, for now it didn't come back...

I deleted it, but it will come again when you restart your phone. I have tried it several times.
13th September 2014, 09:23 AM |#5  
sturmtruppler's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 128
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drafha

I deleted it, but it will come again when you restart your phone. I have tried it several times.

Yes, you are right. It's back on my phone as well. Strange...

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Just searched a bit, many people on different devices got that folder. Seems to be related with google or the latest android version.
13th September 2014, 11:18 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
After updating my Xperia Z to 4.4.4 there is this baidu-folder too.
14th September 2014, 01:54 PM |#7  
androidfreak70's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 642
 
Donate to Me
More
Sometimes those folders come from in app ads or internet without your permission

TapaTalked from my Xperia™ (C660²) Z running Dirty Unicorns ROM!
15th September 2014, 01:25 PM |#8  
sturmtruppler's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 128
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidfreak70

Sometimes those folders come from in app ads or internet without your permission

I am using an ad blocker, which redirects requests for ads to local host. So I don't think it was generated by ad. Even if it was, it has to be the app that shows the ad, that generates the folder. Just because ad is displayed in an app it can't genrate a new folder.

I didn't have that folder on 4.3, and I'm quite sure I didn't have it on 4.4.2. Since the update to 4.4.4 I only installed one new app: Google Authenticator. Anyone with the baidu-folder using this app?
If not, it has to be created by a new system app or a app that was modified for .283.
15th September 2014, 01:30 PM |#9  
androidfreak70's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag here!
Thanks Meter: 642
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmtruppler

I am using an ad blocker, which redirects requests for ads to local host. So I don't think it was generated by ad. Even if it was, it has to be the app that shows the ad, that generates the folder. Just because ad is displayed in an app it can't genrate a new folder.

I didn't have that folder on 4.3, and I'm quite sure I didn't have it on 4.4.2. Since the update to 4.4.4 I only installed one new app: Google Authenticator. Anyone with the baidu-folder using this app?
If not, it has to be created by a new system app or a app that was modified for .283.

Baidu is actually a new Chinese company. Similar to Google There is also baidu market. So it's impossible this be a system app.
That's why I'm saying it's caused by ads.
In some firmwares it's can break the security systems of the device and create this folder.




TapaTalked from my Xperia™ (C660²) Z running Dirty Unicorns ROM!
16th September 2014, 12:59 PM |#10  
Junior Member
Flag Santo André
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Same here...

I have tried tô delete thus foder, but when I restart my phone, this folder is show again...

Baidu is like a ¥€$€$$ here in Brazil...

Enviado do meu Sony Xperia ZQ usando Tapatalk.
4th October 2014, 06:39 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drafha

Hi,
Have you upgraded your Sony Xperia ZL Android to 4.4.4?
Do you have folder named "baidu" on your internal storage?
I have those folder on my internal storage, I flash the Android 4.4.4 through PC Companion I have try flash it several times but the "baidu" folder still exist, I did not see any new apps since upgraded from 4.4.2 to 4.4.4 why there is now have baidu folder?
Which app that generate this folder?

I had a same folder on my new Xperia Z3 Compact.
In my case, it was "my Xperia".
It seems to contain some libraries that comes from "Baidu".

Please try blocking "my Xperia" if you don't need it.
1. Install android SDK.
2. Run adb shell ("adb shell").
3. Block my Xperia ("pm block com.sonymobile.mx.android")

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes