Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Just got a ZL - Recommended mods?

OP penars

2nd September 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
Hi there,

Just got me a second-hand Xperia ZL, first personal Android device in a while, have been handling Android devices for work so am not afraid of rooting, flashing custom kernels, etc.

Been doing a little bit of recon on my end and was a little overwhelmed at the amount of development this device has (which is a good thing!). Am going to try to unlock my bootloader later today, and was wondering what the recommended ROMs and mods are out there?

Thanks!
2nd September 2014, 12:00 PM   |  #2  
Denpasar
Thanks Meter: 34

356 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by penars

Hi there,

Just got me a second-hand Xperia ZL, first personal Android device in a while, have been handling Android devices for work so am not afraid of rooting, flashing custom kernels, etc.

Been doing a little bit of recon on my end and was a little overwhelmed at the amount of development this device has (which is a good thing!). Am going to try to unlock my bootloader later today, and was wondering what the recommended ROMs and mods are out there?

Thanks!

I recommend Dirty Unicorn.. It's a custom rom that based on omnirom.. It has a LOT of customization and tweaks... Also, if you want cm based, i recommend Carbon...
I'm using Dirty Unicorn right now because it has a lot of tweaks and customization... Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to AndreIrawan97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd September 2014, 07:18 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

30 posts
Dirty Unicorn looks good, might try that. Do any of the KitKat-based ROMs have the battery drain issues I've been hearing from the official KK releases?
4th September 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #4  
Flag Chilliwack
Thanks Meter: 0

44 posts
More
If your phone is a carrier phone you won't be able to unlock your bootloader.
I suggest stock + xposed, and nova Launcher.
4th September 2014, 05:55 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

30 posts
Hi,

My phone is an unlocked unit and I was able to get the bootloader unlocked.

Went with Carbon since I didn't really like the customizations on Dirty Unicorns. Once the official 4.4.4 stock ROM releases I might try that out as well
8th September 2014, 02:42 AM   |  #6  
Flag Ha Noi
Thanks Meter: 140

705 posts
More
I suggest you de-odex, install superSU mod and try some new Z3 apps on the Cross-device development section
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread