DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] ZL keeps shutting off: simplified answer ?

OP sonyZLhelp

10th August 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
after suddenly turning off during skype for first occurance after 13months of usage, within 2weeks phone is useless. next thing to crash was maps, then text and finally as soon as phone loads to homescreen it immediately turns off. the battery takes charge and shows 100%. its out of warranty so just want to know exact reason so i can figure out if its inexpensive solution at repair store or few hundred dollars which means its done. fyi, i cannot do any computer fixes, im not software savvy, would just appreciate guidance prior to evaluate if feasable to get it operating again, thanks !
10th August 2014, 08:06 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

25 posts
Are you reflash new rom? Maybe battery calibration not inccurate. You can try battery calibrating

Sent from my Xperia ZL using XDA Free mobile app
11th August 2014, 05:11 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
thanks for idea. I wouldnt know how to do that and the fact that the phone turns-off as soon as it restarts makes anything difficult to do. I will use this suggestion and maybe more if there is extra replies to someone who has the ability to do these functions .
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomogi

Are you reflash new rom? Maybe battery calibration not inccurate. You can try battery calibrating

Sent from my Xperia ZL using XDA Free mobile app

11th August 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #4  
Flag ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
Donate to Me
More
zl
this is major hardware problem in xperia zl if its in warranty kindly get new zl or request them to give xperia z...because this problem will come in another new xperia zl also...i already faced this problem in my 2 newly replaced xperia zl now they are giving me new xperia z...
12th August 2014, 10:06 PM   |  #5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 162

674 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by khachanedhaval

this is major hardware problem in xperia zl if its in warranty kindly get new zl or request them to give xperia z...because this problem will come in another new xperia zl also...i already faced this problem in my 2 newly replaced xperia zl now they are giving me new xperia z...

Agreed. The ZL's battery has problems. Get in touch with Sony or buy a new battery and change it yourself (which isn't too hard but you must be careful in there. I changed the battery on a friend's ZL and it was glued very well. Took quite a bit of force).
14th August 2014, 06:12 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
thanks for the comments! the phone is out of warranty by 1month. i will call sony and report the problem and they better do something since it was $650 and i could of got a S4 like all my friends and still had a working good phone! i'll post what happens.
25th August 2014, 06:04 AM   |  #7  
Flag cali
Thanks Meter: 75

418 posts
More
for sure if its not the firmware it could be the battery , check this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yADs4OsAXg

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread