Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,273 Members 44,720 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Lightning kernel cm11

Tip us?

foomanjackel
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreIrawan97 View Post
Can i use it on Carbon ROM build 32? It have .230 blobs....
Because last time i flash the version 2, it gives me error... Screen flickering, and can't enable the wifi
Just installed in carbon, build32 and followed nikhil18's instructions to copy file to /etc/firmware/wlan/prima/

And all seems good! Wireless is working and not seeing any screen flickering 😀

Thanks nikhil18

ojessie
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Default Which blob version

I hope this is the right thread to ask ....

how to I see which blob version is used in different customer roms?

Regards

AndreIrawan97
Old
(Last edited by AndreIrawan97; Yesterday at 04:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by foomanjackel View Post
Just installed in carbon, build32 and followed nikhil18's instructions to copy file to /etc/firmware/wlan/prima/

And all seems good! Wireless is working and not seeing any screen flickering ��

Thanks nikhil18
Well, strange thing happened, i can't get into recovery... And my phone keep turning off

EDIT:
It doesn't work... Still flickering
If it helps, don't forget to press Thanks button

I'm from Indonesia, and sorry about my grammar
BBM Pin : 744D2487
Twitter : @IAm__Dre

Running Carbon ROM

rituj26
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Hey nikhil,
could you also add intelli thermal and fastcharge feature to the .233 blobs kernel.

ryanrudolf
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil18 View Post
Cm has merged the new 233 blobs so you all have to use the new blobs version and for WiFi copy the file uploaded in second post in this folder etc/firmware/Wlan and replac e the file and you can also put the file in the ROM before flashing and for recovery I have to change the ramdisk and I will soon release an update with multirom hopefully
My ZL is out for repair, they need to replace battery. Costs about $55 since its already out of warranty. Im looking forward to get my phone back and flash this kernel! Good news that you have consider the multirom. Thanks very much in advance!

rituj26
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Hey nikhil,when I installed the blobs version with crdroid's latest ROM, the phone won't boot until it is connected to a power source. It power offs after it reaches boot animation. We need to connect it to a power source to boot it successfully and then we can remove the power source and the phone works normally.

nikhil18
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by rituj26 View Post
Hey nikhil,when I installed the blobs version with crdroid's latest ROM, the phone won't boot until it is connected to a power source. It power offs after it reaches boot animation. We need to connect it to a power source to boot it successfully and then we can remove the power source and the phone works normally.
I thinks its ramdisk problem because the ROM uses a different ram disk from cm so in next release I will try to support all custom ROMs with different versions
The Following User Says Thank You to nikhil18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ryanrudolf
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by rituj26 View Post

Thats exactly whats happening to my phone. Even tried stock CM11 and stock Sony 4.4.2 but same issue, phone turns off automatically after powering on, need to be plugged in to charger to work normally. It charges fine and reaches 100%, once i remove charger and it discharge very fast. When it reach 80% it turn off again.

You might want to have it checked asap if within warranty.

rituj26
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil18 View Post
I thinks its ramdisk problem because the ROM uses a different ram disk from cm so in next release I will try to support all custom ROMs with different versions
But in the previous release it was working very well with your kernel when the blobs weren't merged.