Ask a question

No registration required

[KERNEL]Lightning kernel cm11

OP nikhil18

3rd November 2014, 08:00 AM   |  #221  
Thanks Meter: 8

110 posts
Lighting kernel installation instruction
Can I know the proper installation instruction of this lighting CM11 kernel?
I am using PA 4.6 beta 5 ROM...my phone doesn't boot up after I flash this kernel via CWM...It stuck at boot animation...
4th November 2014, 10:08 AM   |  #222  
Thanks Meter: 40

170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willsonsin

Can I know the proper installation instruction of this lighting CM11 kernel?
I am using PA 4.6 beta 5 ROM...my phone doesn't boot up after I flash this kernel via CWM...It stuck at boot animation...

Reflash PA 4.6 Beta 5, boot up and let it optimize all the apps, get an app to control processor clock speed (I like FauxClock but there are other good ones), reboot recovery, flash lightning, when you boot make sure to set clock speed to 1.5GHz. If you wish to overclock you may do so now, otherwise you can leave it at 1.5GHz.
I think this is an issue where by default the kernel will clock the processor to 1.8GHz which is unstable for some phones.
5th November 2014, 04:49 AM   |  #223  

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTofu

Reflash PA 4.6 Beta 5, boot up and let it optimize all the apps, get an app to control processor clock speed (I like FauxClock but there are other good ones), reboot recovery, flash lightning, when you boot make sure to set clock speed to 1.5GHz. If you wish to overclock you may do so now, otherwise you can leave it at 1.5GHz.
I think this is an issue where by default the kernel will clock the processor to 1.8GHz which is unstable for some phones.

Thanks for your explanation. But the problem is how do I set the the clock speed to 1.5Ghz? I cant even enter my ROM after I flash the kernel.
5th November 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #224  
Thanks Meter: 40

170 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willsonsin

Thanks for your explanation. But the problem is how do I set the the clock speed to 1.5Ghz? I cant even enter my ROM after I flash the kernel.

This is why you first flash the stock rom, to get the stock kernel back, that way if that doesn't boot you can look to other issues, if it does boot successfully, then follow the rest of my advice. If it boots nicely on stock rom but not on lightning then that's another problem as well.
6th November 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #225  

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTofu

This is why you first flash the stock rom, to get the stock kernel back, that way if that doesn't boot you can look to other issues, if it does boot successfully, then follow the rest of my advice. If it boots nicely on stock rom but not on lightning then that's another problem as well.

Just tried your instruction, and it works...it finally boots up... but after a few reboot... some weird symptoms start showing up...getting some apps force close during start up...and now it bootloop...I will wait for the next release... thank you very much. =)
6th November 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #226  
OP Senior Member
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 610

691 posts
More
Guys if you all are having any network problem related to calling,data just replace the libril.so file in system/lib folder from the ROM which you are using or delete the lib in the kernel zip before flashing my kernel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatB

I tried to install stock lightning Kernel on the Existenz rom. 283 but it failed via recovery. Anyone knows why? Do i have to wipe Data?

Sensors don't work with my stock kernel so don't install it I will soon fix it but if you still want to play with it then you need the latest version of xz dual recovery
Last edited by nikhil18; 13th November 2014 at 06:08 PM.
13th November 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #227  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 39

210 posts
More
I tried to install stock lightning Kernel on the Existenz rom. 283 but it failed via recovery. Anyone knows why? Do i have to wipe Data?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread