Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

FW 10.5.A.0.233 Update/Fix

OP Lemmi1

23rd June 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Hello everyone!

I shortly read about the FW 10.5.A.0.233 for our device and that it will fix the issue with the draining akku caused bei google services.

Hier is the article I found:

http://hybrideon.com/xperia-z-zl-zr-...x-update-soon/

Is it known, when it will be rolled out?

I heared about rumors, that it is rolled out in australia right know, but only as a rumor till now.

I live in germany and have a taiwan version of the XZR. I need google services and cannot deaktivate them, this is why I wait for a fix, cause my google services run at 70 percent all the time. Thats not good ...

Do someone now more about the rolling out of the fix?

Greetings Lemmi.
23rd June 2014, 01:44 PM   |  #2  
nikhilkaushik's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 67
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Thumbs up Battery drain solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmi1

Hello everyone!

I shortly read about the FW 10.5.A.0.233 for our device and that it will fix the issue with the draining akku caused bei google services.

Hier is the article I found:

http://hybrideon.com/xperia-z-zl-zr-...x-update-soon/

Is it known, when it will be rolled out?

I heared about rumors, that it is rolled out in australia right know, but only as a rumor till now.

I live in germany and have a taiwan version of the XZR. I need google services and cannot deaktivate them, this is why I wait for a fix, cause my google services run at 70 percent all the time. Thats not good ...

Do someone now more about the rolling out of the fix?

Greetings Lemmi.

I can tell you the fix without the update for google services draining battery issue.

Go to settings, uninstall update of google play services, clear data and restart phone. It will automcatically update the google play services and then the issue won't stay. If the uninstall of update option is disabled, then you need to uncheck the Android device manager in security and then continue this process, but later you can check it under device administrator section in security.
As far as update of .233 is concerned, almost everyone knows about this update that it is yet to be released, but there is no official update regarding the date.
Till the update you can do the fix.
23rd June 2014, 01:58 PM   |  #3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
The article's date is 6th of June. If more than 2 weeks is their idea of 'soon' then I guess Sony should stop manufacturing phones and turn to politics or something.
This is so screwed up, and even that temporary fix people talk about in this forum isn't working and it keeps on draining my battery.
23rd June 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
For my XZR was help Per App Hacking from Xposed. In this app I search Google Play Services, and there I tick "Prevent Wake Lock". After this Google Play Services still falling down, so after 2 days I untick "Prevent Wake Lock" and now is Google Services seems, to work normally. Also I have enabled Stamina.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-23-21-11-32.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	2813916Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-06-23-21-11-43.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	2813917
3rd July 2014, 06:29 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
On Sony Gifthub the .233 update is there, but is it rolling out somewhere?
3rd July 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Bataysk
Thanks Meter: 18
 
124 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmi1

On Sony Gifthub the .233 update is there, but is it rolling out somewhere?

Where are you see it? I don't find sources for zr at all...
3rd July 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton111111

Where are you see it? I don't find sources for zr at all...


Here you find the .233 update for our Xperia ZR:

https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/ker...e/10.5.A.0.xxx

It exists, but there is no ftf file or ota rolling out.

And here is an open source file download of this version (10.5.A.0.233) from June, 13:

http://developer.sonymobile.com/down...all-downloads/

But I dont know how to use it.

Greetings Lemmi.
Last edited by Lemmi1; 3rd July 2014 at 10:19 PM.
4th July 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #8  
nikhilkaushik's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 67
 
171 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Thumbs up Rolling Out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmi1

Here you find the .233 update for our Xperia ZR:

https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/ker...e/10.5.A.0.xxx

It exists, but there is no ftf file or ota rolling out.

And here is an open source file download of this version (10.5.A.0.233) from June, 13:

http://developer.sonymobile.com/down...all-downloads/

But I dont know how to use it.

Greetings Lemmi.

Hey, while checking out the Xperia Z forum I found out that the FW 10.5.A.0.233 has started rolling out for some countries. I checked it using xperia updatechecker, I found out the Austria, Hong Kong have recieved the new build and may be bug fixes in it....
May be we too would get it.... :P

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes