Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,427 Members 40,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How can I reduce msm_hsic_host wakelock

Tip us?

krscry
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How can I reduce msm_hsic_host wakelock

It drains my battery.I know it cannot be eliminated,but how to do reduce it to a acceptable amount.Thanks.

Tapatalked from Xperia ZR

Jack_R1
Old
Thanks Meter 948
There is no "acceptable amount". I suggest to leave it, if you like your phone connected, and look for the real reasons for draining your battery.
Wiki on this forum exists for a reason. PLEASE READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.
Glacier (MyTouch 4G / Panache) Wiki
Nexus One Wiki
Nexus One FAQ.

[Lockscreen MOD] Trackball/trackpad wake-sleep toggle for Sense ROMs - [Nexus One], [MyTouch 4G]
[MOD]NoClock for Sense ROMs
[MOD] Change WiFi hostname

[MOD]Gallery3D with high-res patch, for stock and HTC cameras

krscry
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_R1 View Post
There is no "acceptable amount". I suggest to leave it, if you like your phone connected, and look for the real reasons for draining your battery.
But it's waking my phone 30percent of the time. Can't it be solved?

Jack_R1
Old
Thanks Meter 948
Well, yes. Turn on Flight mode, it should be solved But if you want your phone to have cellular connection - then just leave it be and check for the reasons instead.
As I wrote somewhere before, this phone has amazing battery life, if you have something else - make sure you have an original battery and from that point check your apps and make sure your cellular reception is acceptable. Leave the OS alone, it does a good job.
Wiki on this forum exists for a reason. PLEASE READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.
Glacier (MyTouch 4G / Panache) Wiki
Nexus One Wiki
Nexus One FAQ.

[Lockscreen MOD] Trackball/trackpad wake-sleep toggle for Sense ROMs - [Nexus One], [MyTouch 4G]
[MOD]NoClock for Sense ROMs
[MOD] Change WiFi hostname

[MOD]Gallery3D with high-res patch, for stock and HTC cameras

krscry
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Well, yes. Turn on Flight mode, it should be solved But if you want your phone to have cellular connection - then just leave it be and check for the reasons instead.
As I wrote somewhere before, this phone has amazing battery life, if you have something else - make sure you have an original battery and from that point check your apps and make sure your cellular reception is acceptable. Leave the OS alone, it does a good job.
Thanks for your advice.[emoji1] And how to find out apps which triggered cellular reception? Is betterbatterystats ok?

Tommylee567
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
I noticed the same thing, will it change the battery life if we change the Baseband? Have any ideas?
You can press the "Thanks" button if i have helped you in any way

Previous Phones - Sony Ericsson W705 > Xperia X10 Mini Pro > Xperia Ray ST18i

Now - Xperia ZR C5502
Stock 4.3 Until the next proper Kitkat update
32GB MSD
Bootloader: Unlocked

For now I'm loving it

vanbroekhoven.wim
Old
(Last edited by vanbroekhoven.wim; 5th September 2014 at 06:34 PM.) Reason: link added
Thanks Meter 0
The battery drain is propably caused by a service called fast dormancy. When The service is active while your network provider does not support the service, it causes a lot of wakelocks.
On my old xperia Ray the service can be disabled by editing the build.prop file. Somewhere on xda I have read that you can make a blacklist of providers witch don't use the service.

Sent from my C5503 using XDA Free mobile app

Here is the link of the xda topic: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2382680