How can I reduce msm_hsic_host wakelock

OP krscry

20th August 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
It drains my battery.I know it cannot be eliminated,but how to do reduce it to a acceptable amount.Thanks.

Tapatalked from Xperia ZR
20th August 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 954

4,312 posts
More
There is no "acceptable amount". I suggest to leave it, if you like your phone connected, and look for the real reasons for draining your battery.
22nd August 2014, 05:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_R1

There is no "acceptable amount". I suggest to leave it, if you like your phone connected, and look for the real reasons for draining your battery.

But it's waking my phone 30percent of the time. Can't it be solved?

22nd August 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 954

4,312 posts
More
Well, yes. Turn on Flight mode, it should be solved But if you want your phone to have cellular connection - then just leave it be and check for the reasons instead.
As I wrote somewhere before, this phone has amazing battery life, if you have something else - make sure you have an original battery and from that point check your apps and make sure your cellular reception is acceptable. Leave the OS alone, it does a good job.
22nd August 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Quote:

Well, yes. Turn on Flight mode, it should be solved But if you want your phone to have cellular connection - then just leave it be and check for the reasons instead.
As I wrote somewhere before, this phone has amazing battery life, if you have something else - make sure you have an original battery and from that point check your apps and make sure your cellular reception is acceptable. Leave the OS alone, it does a good job.

Thanks for your advice.[emoji1] And how to find out apps which triggered cellular reception? Is betterbatterystats ok?

4th September 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #6  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 38

316 posts
More
Quote:

I noticed the same thing, will it change the battery life if we change the Baseband? Have any ideas?
5th September 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
More
The battery drain is propably caused by a service called fast dormancy. When The service is active while your network provider does not support the service, it causes a lot of wakelocks.
On my old xperia Ray the service can be disabled by editing the build.prop file. Somewhere on xda I have read that you can make a blacklist of providers witch don't use the service.

Sent from my C5503 using XDA Free mobile app

Here is the link of the xda topic: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2382680
Last edited by vanbroekhoven.wim; 5th September 2014 at 06:34 PM. Reason: link added

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread