XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Install recovery on 4.4.2 rooted xperia zr

Tip us?

ayene
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Install recovery on 4.4.2 rooted xperia zr

I have xperia zr with 4.4.2 official rom that is rooted and it's bootloader is unlocked. I dont have rocovery. all of the recovery need to be flash with recovery!
just I found xzrecovery that when i press istall recovery said ''remount system fail'.
and ZR-lockeddualrecovery2.7.124-BETA.installer that i install from pc in debug mod. it need root . all instalation step seemed ok but steel no recovery.
how can i have a recovery?

sourabhp
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayene View Post
I have xperia zr with 4.4.2 official rom that is rooted and it's bootloader is unlocked. I dont have rocovery. all of the recovery need to be flash with recovery!
just I found xzrecovery that when i press istall recovery said ''remount system fail'.
and ZR-lockeddualrecovery2.7.124-BETA.installer that i install from pc in debug mod. it need root . all instalation step seemed ok but steel no recovery.
ZR-lockeddualrecovery2.7.124-BETA.installer is for locked bootloaders. read OP before doing anything otherwise you will brick your phone.
You can flash recovery kernel. see in dev forum

Dev patel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhp View Post
ZR-lockeddualrecovery2.7.124-BETA.installer is for locked bootloaders. read OP before doing anything otherwise you will brick your phone.
You can flash recovery kernel. see in dev forum
my phone does not start in recovery mode...
so what can i do?my phone was flashed.and not installed any rom.

sourabhp
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev patel View Post
my phone does not start in recovery mode...
so what can i do?my phone was flashed.and not installed any rom.
which ROM you are using? custom roms come with recovery.

Dev patel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default roms

Quote:
which ROM you are using? custom roms come with recovery.
cyanogenmod 11 for htc

sourabhp
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev patel View Post
cyanogenmod 11 for htc
CM11 Rom for HTC on Xperia ZR? how would that work?

sijav
Old
Thanks Meter 913

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayene View Post
use [Nut]'s recovery from here http://nut.xperia-files.com/
this is the latest link for our device from it's official http://nut.xperia-files.com/?dlid=Wl...RhbGxlci56aXA=
History phone: Nokia 6680 (S60V2) (my first phone) -> Nokia 1210 :| (bad days) -> Nokia N95 (S60V3) (gave it away) -> Nokia 5530 (S60V5) (got stoled ) -> Nokia X6 (S60V5) (Wrecked) -> Xperia Sola (SOLD) -> Xperia P (Gave to my sister)
Current: Xperia ZR MIUI Stock Based 4.2.2 with LB bootloader

All about Xda!

sourabhp
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by sijav View Post
use [Nut]'s recovery from here http://nut.xperia-files.com/
this is the latest link for our device from it's official http://nut.xperia-files.com/?dlid=Wl...RhbGxlci56aXA=
@sijav isnt NUT's recovery for locked BL? correct me.

sijav
Old
Thanks Meter 913

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
@sijav isnt NUT's recovery for locked BL? correct me.
what's differences between BL and UL for you guys?
UL can flash kernel.
BL cannot flash kernel!
what's recovery?
some binary files that should be called before calling and starting system so it's pretty good to start in kernel before trying to start system.
but what if we can't modify the kernel?
yet we can modify the system and put some binary files in stock chargemon (when the phone trying to figure whether goes to offline charging or not) so it starts first in whole system and wait for a key, if pressed just execute the recovery!

so again, can something that specifically build for LB be flashed or run on UB?? my answer is mostly yes.
can something that needs flashing kernel or other things than system and data on LB? my answer is mostly NO
is [NUT] recovery for both ub and lb? yes! if you don't have recovery on kernel. ( or else you have two recovery one in kernel and one in system and 3 seconds delay in each starting nothing else)
History phone: Nokia 6680 (S60V2) (my first phone) -> Nokia 1210 :| (bad days) -> Nokia N95 (S60V3) (gave it away) -> Nokia 5530 (S60V5) (got stoled ) -> Nokia X6 (S60V5) (Wrecked) -> Xperia Sola (SOLD) -> Xperia P (Gave to my sister)
Current: Xperia ZR MIUI Stock Based 4.2.2 with LB bootloader

All about Xda!